Is it possible to trigger the Issue Workflow Transition dialogs from a connect plugin?

Anthony De Moss

Feb 27, 2017, 3:46:30 PM2/27/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hello fellow devs and Atlassian folks.

Can one of you tell me whether it is possible to trigger a workflow transition of an issue from a connect plugin?
I am aware that there are API's to transition a ticket, so I am specifically wondering about the UI side. Would I need to re-create the relevant dialog? Or is there a way for me to show one of the transition dialogs?

I've been scouring the connect docs and forums, but can't seem to find an answer to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Anthony

Daniel Wester

Feb 27, 2017, 6:07:47 PM2/27/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
I would suspect that it would be the AP.navigator that would handle that for you. But it's only implemented for Confluence right now. :( I would suggest a improvement request in the ACJS project.

In the mean time, you have 2 options:
1. Recreate the screen and do it all yourself (yuck).
2. Take a look at the workflow buttons and figure out the parameters and what they should have passed in (they have a non-javascript fallback for the transitions). Of course that won't be supported and you'll more than likely be finding yourself chasing any changes done to it...

/Daniel

Anthony De Moss

Feb 27, 2017, 6:14:22 PM2/27/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Thanks Daniel. Your input is much appreciated.

The more I work with the Connect SDK, the more I wonder how anyone can get anything more serious done.
It feels like so many basic things are missing.

Daniel Wester

Feb 27, 2017, 7:57:45 PM2/27/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Well we (as in people that have been doing p2 development) are spoiled. P2 has been around for many years and has grown as people's needs have been identified(I still remember having to do some "interesting" workarounds in p2).

AC is still young (it's grown a lot since it first started) and we have to work with Atlassian to get it to the point where we want/need it to be. :) The best way being is to drop in issues to ecosystem.atlassian.net when things come up(and the reasons why) and then get the development community backing it.

Just my $0.02.

/Daniel

Robert Massaioli

Mar 1, 2017, 12:05:30 AM3/1/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
While Daniel's advice is great, please do raise features for the Atlassian Connect team for functionality that does not exist, I think there might be a way for you to do this right now.

There is a public JIRA REST API that should allow this behaviour: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/issue-doTransition

Please have a read over that API and let me know if it does what you need it to do. If it does not then please raise an issue at ecosystem.atlassian.net.

Cheers!