Plugin macros don't persist on page save

Jan Revis

Feb 1, 2017, 12:30:24 PM2/1/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
I am seeing an issue where our plugin macros sometimes don't persist when they are added to a page, and the page is then saved.  This behavior seems to be intermitent, and I have not been able to detect a clear pattern on why it happens.  I would like to know if this is a known issue or anyone else has experienced this.

Dave Haden

Feb 7, 2017, 10:37:06 PM2/7/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Jan,

Unfortunately, this issue sounds like it might be a Confluence bug.
I had a quick look through Confluence public issues but could not find anything relating to this.
Have you been able to reproduce reliably? Or has the bug disappeared?
Are you using a static, or dynamic macro?

Thanks,
Dave

Jan Revis

Feb 22, 2017, 11:55:06 AM2/22/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Dave,

It's a dynamic macro.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce (seems to happen randomly), though I have not seen it in a while so might have been resolved.

Michael Eskin

Mar 27, 2017, 2:14:32 PM3/27/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
I'm seeing this if I first do a cancel of an insert of my macro, then a save. The macro shows up in the edit mode is completely missing after the page is updated.

James Hazelwood

Mar 28, 2017, 12:09:40 AM3/28/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Michael,

This could be a known issue. Does this match what you're seeing? https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CE-982
If so, please feel free to watch / comment on the issue.

Otherwise, please raise report a bug here. This Google Group is getting shut down soon, so please use the developer support portal for bugs / security incidents / feature requests, and the new developer community for everything else.

Cheers,
James