JIRA WebPanel called has inconsistent behaviour in filtered view

Vittal Aithal

Mar 7, 2017, 12:20:51 PM3/7/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi

I have a web panel connect add-on that displays some information for issues in the atl.jira.view.issue.right.context location.

The panel location uses {issue.key} to get the issue key and retrieve the associated information.

If I view an issue directly (e.g. browse/AB-5), then an iframe is created in

However, if I access issues through a filtered view (e.g. "Open issues"), and browse between the issues shown in the view, the web panel may or may not show the correct content.

e.g.  I have the following list of issues shown in a filtered view, where [AB-10] is select:

  [AB-10]
  AB-6
  AB-5
  AB-2

The initial load will call the web panel once with AB-10 as the {issue.key} value. Clicking on AB-5 may result in the web panel being called with AB-5, AB-10 or both (i.e. two iframes appear). The behaviour seems inconsistent and seems more problematic in Firefox compared to Chrome.

Looking at the network traffic, clicking on an issue link may make a request for the current web panel and the new issue's web panel.

Anybody have any ideas about why we'd be seeing this behaviour?

Regards
Vittal

Einar Pehrson

Mar 8, 2017, 3:43:59 AM3/8/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vittal,

I think the issue you are reporting was raised as ACJS-545.

Regards,
Einar

Vittal Aithal

Mar 8, 2017, 5:12:02 PM3/8/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Thanks Einar -

That does indeed seem to be what we're seeing.

Regards
Vittal