Configure AtlasMap with spring boot App

Ali Asfour

May 17, 2021, 9:52:16 AM5/17/21
to AtlasMap

Hi all,

I have a spring boot project and intend to use AtlasMap. I have some questions about using AtlasMap:

Should I use Apache Camel in order to use AtlasMap?

Can I use AtlasMap mapping with the exposed APIs (my API) and external APIs (the APIs we are consuming)?

Does just using AtlasMap with my spring boot project give me embedded UI (like swagger) to manage the mapping?

Actually, I found this repository using AtlasMap and I tried to modify it to suit my project (my project is monolith), but I faced some problems like the compiler can’t find io.atlasmap.json.service.JsonService class (you can see this class), although I’ve added all dependencies.

Thank you in advance

Tomohisa Igarashi

May 17, 2021, 10:01:34 AM5/17/21
to AtlasMap
Hi,

On 5/17/21 9:52 AM, Ali Asfour wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have a spring boot project and intend to use AtlasMap.I have some
> questions about using AtlasMap:
>
> Should I use Apache Camelin order to use AtlasMap?

It's not mandatory, here is an example using AtlasMap runtime API
directly, i.e. without Camel
https://github.com/atlasmap/atlasmap/tree/master/examples/atlasmap-example-api-adm

> Can I use AtlasMap mapping with the exposed APIs (my API) and external
> APIs (the APIswe are consuming)?

Can you elaborate on this one? how do you want to integrate AtlasMap
with what? Design time? runtime?

> Does just using AtlasMap with my spring boot project give me embedded UI
> (like swagger) to manage the mapping?

Same with above, what do you mean by "use"? not sure what is expected here.

<https://github.com/engagmy/data-microservice/tree/be3c4daa2ca6abdef60619a8a31b817309983955>using

<https://github.com/engagmy/data-microservice/blob/be3c4daa2ca6abdef60619a8a31b817309983955/src/main/java/com/mycompany/datamapper/config/JaxrsApplication.java>),

> although I’ve added all dependencies.

This repository is not from us, please contact with the owner of this
repository.

Thanks,
Tomo

> Thank you in advance
>
> --

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/atlasmap/57663e73-49b1-4e18-8626-170d60c7204bn%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/atlasmap/57663e73-49b1-4e18-8626-170d60c7204bn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Ali Asfour

May 19, 2021, 8:05:05 AM5/19/21
to AtlasMap
Thanks a lot!
Actually I got answers to most of the questions from the example that you shared, but the point is not clear to me is: how I can support UI with spring boot, i.e. is there a maven dependency that allows using UI in spring boot project?

Tomohisa Igarashi

May 19, 2021, 9:25:55 AM5/19/21
to AtlasMap
So AtlasMap UI is a React based web application with a springboot
backend. What we do to package standalone uber jar is to copy all the UI
build outcome into springboot jar. Note that UI build outcome consists
of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, i.e. those are just static files from
springboot POV. This maven plugin setup does that job.
https://github.com/atlasmap/atlasmap/blob/master/standalone/pom.xml#L48-L69

Does this answer to your question?

Thanks,
Tomo

On 5/19/21 8:05 AM, Ali Asfour wrote:
> Thanks a lot!
> Actually I got answers to most of the questions from the example that
> you shared, but the point is not clear to me is: how I can support UI
> <https://docs.atlasmap.io/images/MappingDetails.png>with spring boot,
> i.e. is there a maven dependency that allows using UI
> <https://docs.atlasmap.io/images/MappingDetails.png>in spring boot
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/atlasmap/2f15af7a-45a1-4914-b6c5-416038bfb0b5n%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/atlasmap/2f15af7a-45a1-4914-b6c5-416038bfb0b5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Ali Asfour