PLEASE READ - Snowmobile needed

Adrienne Leppold

Mar 13, 2023, 11:07:07 PM3/13/23
to Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters
Hi Blockbusters!
Just trying to cast a wide net.
Does anyone know someone with a sled, extra helmet, and off-trail riding experience?

We have volunteers to cover the two orphan priority blocks, Wadleigh Mtn. and Spring Lake, provided we can get them a ride. Both require a sled ride of 15-20 miles. At this point it would have to be for Wed. We can reimburse all fuel expenses.

Please let us know ASAP!
Glen and I finished Three Allagash blocks today. Another slated for tomorrow.
Keep up the GREAT WORK!
Two days left Wahoo!

Sandi McRae Duchesne

Mar 14, 2023, 7:41:54 AM3/14/23
to Adrienne Leppold, Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters
No off-trail experience required for Wadleigh Mtn.  The best route into that block runs ENTIRELY on a well-maintained trail that links into the Nahmakanta Road, also a maintained trail in winter, and the road runs straight through the block. Also,  it's only a 20-mile ride in if you don't trailer your sled to the closest driveable access point on the Smithtown Road. From  there, it's more like a 5-mile ride to the western edge of the block, at which point you can dismount and survey the block on foot.

Wondering if anyone has checked with the  Greenville-Kokadjo area snowmobile club about a donation, or more likely a ride-along with one of their members...?

Sandi

Sent from my Galaxy
--
ATLAS BLOCK BUSTERS HOME PAGE (block maps & sign up form):
https://sites.google.com/view/atlasblockbusters/home

VIEW ALL EMAILS FOR THIS GROUP:
https://groups.google.com/g/atlasblockbusters

To start a new email thread with this group, email: atlasblo...@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/atlasblockbusters/61e8c4c7-cf96-44a2-9c78-af33ab5bf226n%40googlegroups.com.

Stacey Keefer

Mar 14, 2023, 9:43:58 AM3/14/23
to Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters
Or since it is midweek, perhaps New England Outdoor Center could assist with some of their equipment. Or maybe check with The Nature Conservancy. Robbie Smith may still be their steward in the Millinocket area.