Block of four COMPLETE

Sandi Duchesne

Mar 11, 2023, 4:51:05 PM3/11/23
to atlasblo...@googlegroups.com, Glen Mittelhauser

Bob and I just got back from completing Russell Mtn NW, St. John Ponds NE, St. John Pond Depot SE, and Spruce Brook SW.  These blocks were a lot of fun to bird, although it took a long time to get there.  The Golden Road and the 490 were alternately icy, slushy, and muddy for most of the drive, so we could seldom exceed 30 mph in our rear-wheel-drive camper van.  But we encountered ZERO heavy trucks yesterday and today, and very few vehicles of any kind west of the Telos Road.  The ones we saw were mostly snowmobilers, plus a winter camper from Eddington who had set up his camp in one of our survey blocks.  Small world!

Sandi

Kathie Brown

Mar 11, 2023, 7:27:20 PM3/11/23
to Sandi Duchesne, Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters, Glen Mittelhauser
Sandi, I love reading about all your adventures and updates. You guys are OUTSTANDING! Enjoy this final push. ~Kathie

--
ATLAS BLOCK BUSTERS HOME PAGE (block maps & sign up form):
https://sites.google.com/view/atlasblockbusters/home

VIEW ALL EMAILS FOR THIS GROUP:
https://groups.google.com/g/atlasblockbusters

To start a new email thread with this group, email: atlasblo...@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/atlasblockbusters/010601d95463%2492b59710%24b820c530%24%40roadrunner.com.

duch...@midmaine.com

Mar 11, 2023, 7:33:58 PM3/11/23
to Kathie Brown, Sandi Duchesne, Maine Bird Atlas Block Busters, Glen Mittelhauser

For what it’s worth, I’m quietly pleased that these four contiguous blocks were not previously adopted. They proved to be some of the most fun blocks we’ve done this winter. At one point on this morning’s walk, I hoped the walk would last a while. However, after walking over a mile on snowmobile trails just to get into the right block…and after a total hike of nearly 7 miles on mushy snowmobile tracks…I was kinda glad that it didn’t go any longer. Ahh, winter atlas surveying…

Bob