Strange incorrect information

Cez

Apr 7, 2015, 6:34:35 AM4/7/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First... great work everyone... fine program.

So to my post: I've noticed an inaccuracy in the epg data that happens every time. Exactly the same thing happened in the RT feeds too, and it looks like it has been adopted here.

Every Tuesday evening at 19:30, BBC1 (every version of BBC1 as far as I can tell) there is a double entry:-

BBC Regional News - 19:30 start / 19:30 end     (obviously incorrect as start and end are the same time).
Eastenders 19:30 start / 20:00 end

This causes the Eastenders entry to not display at all.

Deleting the erroneous BBC Regional News data fixes it and Eastenders data displays correctly.

This happened every time for years in the RT feed. So I guess it is the same basic source for Atlas.

Just letting you know

;)

Many thanks,

Cez

Chris Jackson

Apr 20, 2015, 9:00:04 AM4/20/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cez,

That's a feature, not an error! It's called a "follow-on" in the TV industry.

Regional news does indeed follow on from the previous programme, and is listed with zero length, since it's less than 5 mins long, so the broadcaster does not provide more details. Your software should cope with this case, and make sure the zero-length show is rendered in some way.

Thanks,
Chris