Film years are empty

Damo

May 4, 2015, 5:07:34 PM5/4/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Using the content endpoint to grab descriptions of films I've found the year to be empty no matter what schedule I grab them from.  Is this a current issue or do I need to make a call to a different endpoint.

Thanks.

Chris Jackson

May 4, 2015, 5:37:46 PM5/4/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
This is a known issue. We discussed this most recently just 5 days ago. Please search the group for answers before posting your question from scratch.

On 1 May 2015 at 00:25, Damo <pelvi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Using the content endpoint to grab descriptions of films I've found the year to be empty no matter what schedule I grab them from.  Is this a current issue or do I need to make a call to a different endpoint.

Thanks.

David Hill

May 7, 2015, 11:06:48 AM5/7/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
To be entirely fair. 3 and 4 have both been published with virtually no documentation. Yes, we like it now we've spent a lot of time working it out for ourselves. You encourage us to use 4, but the data is bollocks. 3 is reliable, but still flaky. Instead of telling us what a fantastic job you're doing, and telling us that a massive gap in the service is a "known issue", basically making 4 unusable, you could sort it out and publish a working version.
Just thinking.

Chris Jackson

May 7, 2015, 7:13:58 PM5/7/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
David,

Atlas is an an open source project. We provide our work on it for free, in the hope of inspiring a wider community to work together. If you think something needs to be fixed quicker, go ahead and do so.

For reference, we don't regard the film year as a "massive gap", we're not responsible for the data, and I see zero constructive comments from you about the new Atlas 4 documentation when we asked for feedback.

In fact, you've been a member of this group for less than three months, and made no contributions beyond asking questions for your own benefit. If you don't like the project, or need everything on a plate, feel free to go somewhere else. Meanwhile, messages like this force us to consider revising our approach to openness.

Chris