Access to schedule for non-bbc channels

Roy Margolis

Apr 24, 2015, 12:22:49 PM4/24/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm evaluating the Atlas service for a possible product.  I've managed to get a list of platforms, regions and channels using the v3 API but I can only get schedule information for the publisher bbc.co.uk.  I have my free key and enabled Press Association data.  How do I access schedules for the non-bbc channels?

This is URL I am trying to use to get schedule information for bbc1, bbc2 and itv1:

Thanks for your help,
Roy

Chris Jackson

Apr 24, 2015, 1:23:36 PM4/24/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roy,

Give the API explorer a go, at http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/. This will default to Atlas 4, which we recommend. You can put your API key in, and pick the channels you want there.

The API explorer and docs have had a major upgrade recently. We'd really appreciate your feedback, and that of other uses.

Chris

ch...@metabroadcast.com -- +44 7967 756705

Roy Margolis

Apr 26, 2015, 6:36:33 PM4/26/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I have tried the API 4 with my key but I can't get a full list of channels.  The URL below will not give me a list of channels (for example) for Freeview.  As mentioned below I have enabled the Press Association data feed (the only source name I see in the JSON is 'UK Channel Lineups')

Also where is region information in API 4?

Thanks again,
Roy
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to atlasapi+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Steve Rydz

Apr 27, 2015, 7:50:01 AM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roy,

If you want a list of channels you can use the channels picker in the Schedules tab of the API explorer. Under the 'id' field, hit the 'choose channels' button and you can choose your platform, region and select from available channels.

You can get region information by adding the 'regions' annotation.

Of course if you have any further problems let us know, and we'd love to hear any feedback you have about the API explorer.

Steve

Roy Margolis

Apr 27, 2015, 9:38:42 AM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Many thanks again for the quick response.  Yes, the 'choose channels' functionality is exactly what I need.  Could you give me an example of the API 4 json URLs I should use to get the list of platforms, regions and channels in a platform/region (as mentioned below I've managed to do this with API v3)

Roy

Steve Rydz

Apr 27, 2015, 11:51:12 AM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roy,

The following calls will give you the data you're looking for:

Hope this helps,

Steve

Roy Margolis

Apr 27, 2015, 8:03:48 PM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the examples - I understand the API now

Thanks again for all your help
Roy