How to get the content id?

Greg Smith

Apr 28, 2015, 6:53:20 AM4/28/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I'm having difficulty in using the API to 'flesh out' the schedule information.

In other words, I can get a schedule for a channel perfectly well, but can't then use that information to get hold of the content.

In the array of 'entries' returned from the schedule query,I see a top-level 'broadcast' object and a top-level 'item' object.  The 'item' object is empty.

There is a 'broadcast.aliases' property, which in  turn has 'namespace' and 'value' properties.  I thought I'd be able to use these values in a content query to get hold of (e.g.) programme name, since the api documents that  "Content can be fetched either by unique ID or by adding filter parameters to the endpoint".  However, I notice that the API explorer doesn't allow a search without an id parameter, if you remove the default the field is automatically repopulated, so it appears to insist on that.

Anyway, I get the following results:

For the following url, I get a 406 Not Acceptable error:

For the following url I get a 500:

which returns an error code of error_id"da8f9727-4800-47f7-ab10-3919d9d9b994".

I am able to get content calling the search endpoint as per the examples section of the website:

which returns a specific 'id' for a programme which I can then use in the content endpoint like this:

I'm sure I must have the endpoints wrong or am barking up a very wrong tree.

Please can you help?

Many thanks

Greg

Chris Jackson

Apr 28, 2015, 5:32:24 PM4/28/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
On 28 April 2015 at 11:50, Greg Smith <gr...@forevertrevor.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

That looks like our known issue with content negotiation, which will be fixed shortly we hope.

For the following url I get a 500:

which returns an error code of error_id"da8f9727-4800-47f7-ab10-3919d9d9b994".

Note, that BBC PID is invalid, see:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02pfhwz, which gives an error. Did it come from us?

However, this (for Doctor Who) also does not work:

We'll take a look.

I am able to get content calling the search endpoint as per the examples section of the website:

which returns a specific 'id' for a programme which I can then use in the content endpoint like this:

Yeup. We'll find you a way in /4

I'm sure I must have the endpoints wrong or am barking up a very wrong tree.

Please can you help?

Many thanks

Greg

Greg Smith

Apr 30, 2015, 9:33:32 AM4/30/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Many thanks for your response.  I'll keep an eager eye out for resolution of the content negotiation issue.

For the record, I did get that pid from a schedule search.  I've just done another (p02pjw2v) and that doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks again

Greg

Chris Jackson

Apr 30, 2015, 10:01:09 AM4/30/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Thaks, Greg. Could you give us the Atlas schedule call from which you found p02pjw2v?

Greg Smith

May 1, 2015, 5:42:15 AM5/1/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Yes, I made the call from the default values on the api explorer for the schedule endpoint some minutes before I last posted -

Greg

Chris Jackson

May 1, 2015, 12:42:55 PM5/1/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Greg. We'll look into it. Revoked BBC IDs like this in the current schedule window should be removed, so this is unexpected.