GraphHopper routing and roundabouts

John Campbell

Apr 27, 2015, 4:43:16 AM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com

GraphHopper now recognises roundabouts and one way streets, including recognising the correct sense for "drive on the left" UK. However the "Route" list (Routing | Route) draws roundabouts with the wrong sense for UK. If you look at the map, the track goes around roundabouts clockwise (turn left on entry) but the route list shows turn right on entry.

John Campbell

Apr 27, 2015, 4:44:54 AM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com
For the avoidance of doubt, the route goes from left (green marker) to right (red marker) on the map.

Emux

Apr 27, 2015, 4:55:34 AM4/27/15
to John Campbell, atla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report.
Indeed GraphHopper has now proper roundabouts recognition.

I'm aware of the right-hand / left-hand traffic.
I use currently generic icons, probably need to differentiate them (RHT / LHT)
and have them showing the roundabout exit number too.

--
Emux
Cruiser - Atlas

John Campbell

Apr 27, 2015, 5:08:50 AM4/27/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com

Or even don't distinguish them?

Emux

Apr 27, 2015, 5:12:02 AM4/27/15
On 27/04/2015 12:08 μμ, John Campbell wrote:
Or even don't distinguish them?

You have a point here, a fast solution could be to use an even more generic symbol.

Emux

Apr 28, 2015, 2:25:44 AM4/28/15
to John Campbell, atla...@googlegroups.com
I published new versions which (among other things) use a generic symbol for roundabouts.