Some more "nice to have" features ;-)

openandromaps osm

Dec 4, 2014, 9:19:34 AM12/4/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emux,

Thanks for all your efforts - I'm using Atlas more and more for testing my maps instead of Android Emulation.

Hmm.. some features would be really nice to have.....
(sorry if I'm a pain)

1.) manualy draw and edit tracks,
2.) export import them as gpx
3.) remember chosen Rendertheme if map is switched
4.) call Josm with the actual frame/window (save OSM account login in Atlas)

...well...
thats all at a first glance ;-)

Best regards,
Christian

Emux

Dec 4, 2014, 10:00:59 AM12/4/14
to openan...@gmail.com
Hi Christian,

Hmm.. some features would be really nice to have.....
(sorry if I'm a pain)

Not at all, I need feedback and ideas for the application evolution!

1.) manualy draw and edit tracks,
2.) export import them as gpx

The import / export of gpx is already in the schedule.

3.) remember chosen Rendertheme if map is switched

I have also thought of that, as indeed it'll make the map handling easier.
That could be implemented in next versions.

4.) call Josm with the actual frame/window (save OSM account login in Atlas)

An interesting idea, I'll check that too.

I'm glad that Atlas helps the map community.
I first built it, as testing maps in Android devices or VMs can be cumbersome.
But it evolves rapidly with new ideas coming all the time (I just need time in my overcrowded schedule for work with them!).

Most of them will be implemented in both Atlas / Cruiser simultaneously.
Already there are some new features to be introduced in both of them (along with the new Mapsforge release).
Thanks again for your valuable feedback, it's most welcomed.

--
Emux
Cruiser - Atlas

Emux

Dec 6, 2014, 9:10:06 AM12/6/14
to openandromaps osm, atla...@googlegroups.com
On 4/12/2014 16:19, openandromaps osm wrote:
3.) remember chosen Rendertheme if map is switched

New versions of Atlas / Cruiser include this feature:
- Keep render theme when switching vector maps

openandromaps osm

Dec 6, 2014, 2:34:41 PM12/6/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com, openan...@gmail.com
Hi Emux,