"route search error"

Ferenc Veres

Jul 31, 2014, 5:42:55 AM7/31/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've downloaded Atlas-1.0.15.exe and Atlas-Beta-1.1.13.exe and both shows "Route search error" whenever I set a departure and a destination.
I used Hungary.map from Openandromaps and Mapsforge, same result. Using on Win7.

Let me know if you have any ideas..

Thanks,
Ferenc

Emux

Jul 31, 2014, 5:49:53 AM7/31/14
to Ferenc Veres, atla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for trying Atlas.

To play with routing you need to define the folder where the graph routing data are.
That can be done via the menu 'Navigation' - 'Graph folder'.

Some graphs exist at http://www.talent.gr/public/graphs/
Let me know if you need for other region.

--
Emux
Cruiser - Atlas

Ferenc Veres

Jul 31, 2014, 6:08:26 AM7/31/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com, lionke...@gmail.com
hi,

Thank you. I'm trying Hungary, and unfortunately there are no graph files for that. Will that graph file need regular updates to route with actual OSM data? Or do I need to update the map files only?

The error message could be more specific in this case, to help users better ;-)

The map view looks very good so far, thank you! I didn't try PC OSM programs before, just web and mobile.

Ferenc

Emux

Jul 31, 2014, 6:18:45 AM7/31/14
to Ferenc Veres, atla...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying Hungary, and unfortunately there are no graph files for that. Will that graph file need regular updates to route with actual OSM data? Or do I need to update the map files only?

The maps and the graphs are independent since they're based on different projects.
As OSM data are updated, it's usually needed (though not required) to update both of them too.

The error message could be more specific in this case, to help users better ;-)

You are right, many improvements are in schedule.

Unfortunately there are no currently any download servers hosting graph files for the whole world.
But I can build the graph for Hungary, I'll put a notice here.

Ferenc Veres

Jul 31, 2014, 6:48:45 AM7/31/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com, lionke...@gmail.com
OK, I see.
Thank you in advance!

Ferenc

Message has been deleted

Emux

Jul 31, 2014, 7:09:53 AM7/31/14
to Ferenc Veres, atla...@googlegroups.com
I have created the contraction hierarchical graph (car) for Hungary.
http://www.talent.gr/public/graphs/

There is also the no contraction hierarchical graph (car, bike, foot), having the suffix '_all'.

Ferenc Veres

Jul 31, 2014, 11:21:28 AM7/31/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com, lionke...@gmail.com
Hi Emux,

This works very well, thank you! I added a link to your graph files to the Wiki page, I hope that's OK.

The no "_all" file: would that work only with car? (e.g. ignores footways?)

I think this software would need a new name, because this is impossible to find using internet search engines, due to too general name. And when searching for "OSM Atlas", that is totally different thing. :-(

Can you make city names appear one zoom level earlier? In Hungary map, there are huge areas with no names at all, and when I zoom one more, it's difficult to locate, due to too high zoom (and lot of names, even small city areas). I attach an example.

Thank you,
Ferenc
atlas-no-names.png

Emux

Jul 31, 2014, 12:26:11 PM7/31/14
to lionke...@gmail.com
This works very well, thank you! I added a link to your graph files to the Wiki page, I hope that's OK.

Yes, I should probably review the Wiki since offline routing addition.

The no "_all" file: would that work only with car? (e.g. ignores footways?)

There are 2 types of routing graphs, with contraction hierarchies on or off.
Contraction hierarchies is a post-import process which makes routing faster.
But at the moment only one travel mode (car) can be used if contraction hierarchies is enabled.
A more flexible routing with multiple travel modes (car, bike, foot) requires graphs with contraction hierarchies disabled (with '_all' suffix).

I think this software would need a new name, because this is impossible to find using internet search engines, due to too general name. And when searching for "OSM Atlas", that is totally different thing. :-(

Atlas has started its life as a tool for creating vector maps at pc.
Over time many new features have emerged, so your suggestion is valid.

Can you make city names appear one zoom level earlier? In Hungary map, there are huge areas with no names at all, and when I zoom one more, it's difficult to locate, due to too high zoom (and lot of names, even small city areas). I attach an example.

Cruiser & Atlas use the official render theme which is common for all world regions.
You can check also for more rich maps and custom render themes at OpenAndroMaps.

Ferenc Veres

Jul 31, 2014, 12:44:41 PM7/31/14
to atla...@googlegroups.com, lionke...@gmail.com
Ok, I see.