Issues opening Graphs - Error Message

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 8:40:08 AM8/20/15
to Atlas
Hello fellow occupants!

I installed Atlas on my travel laptop because i am going to be travelling in areas without any connections,
so i got all the maps i needed. Perfect.

Unfortunately when opening a Graph file, i get this message:

Atlas
Graph load error.

What can i do about this?

Best Regards and Thank you, Euxaristó!

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 8:47:16 AM8/20/15
to hey...@googlemail.com, Atlas
Hi,

Usually we need to use the same GraphHopper version for creating and reading a graph.

So where did you get the graph which does not open correctly and are you using latest Atlas?
(maybe different creation version than version used in Atlas)

Note that you can create graphs also with Atlas:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/atlas-app/KK8bUijRB1w

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 8:54:31 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
Hi Emux,

i downloaded it here: http://download.geofabrik.de/
I did put the files for different countries in different folders, only selecting one folder at the time...but no chance.

Thanks for the quick response!

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 8:58:37 AM8/20/15
to hey...@googlemail.com, Atlas
That's strange. Can you run Atlas jar in a console and see if there are any messages?

java -jar Atlas.jar

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 9:00:24 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 9:07:14 AM8/20/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com, hey...@googlemail.com
I just tested 1.1.14 with Uruguay and the graph was created and opened correctly.

Can your graph folder be accessed freely?
i.e. not being locked simultaneously by other apps etc.

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 10:54:39 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
I tried following in CMD:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C:\Users\Lenovo>java -jar Atlas.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile Atlas.jar

C:\Users\Lenovo>cd C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\ATLAS OSM Viewer\Atlas-1.1.14\Atlas
-1.1.14

C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\ATLAS OSM Viewer\Atlas-1.1.14\Atlas-1.1.14>java -jar A
tlas.jar
Aug 20, 2015 4:51:43 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNUNG: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0
x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\ATLAS OSM Viewer\Atlas-1.1.14\Atlas-1.1.14>

I guess this is the error you whare looking for?

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 11:07:29 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
And, yes, i checked the Folder, it is only being used by Atlas, and there are no other apps accessing it... :(
Message has been deleted

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 11:14:32 AM8/20/15
to atla...@googlegroups.com, hey...@googlemail.com
No that's some generic error related to the Java registry access in the specific machine.
I suggest to search it in the web and maybe trying to run as admin.

What I meant, was the graph created successfully?
And during it's opening are there any messages?

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 11:23:12 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
I just checked any security settings on the folders of Atlas and of the Graph,
full access for my user and for the system-user. I also just started Atlas
with Admin privileges, but same result.

As i am a noob user to Atlas, i am a bit confused:
-I downloaded the graph files, and used the "Routing->Open Graph" command.
Is this the correct procedure? Or do i have to use the "create Graph" command before using it?

I honestly searched intensively before posting here... So any other ideas?

Best Regards, Konstantinos

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 11:29:49 AM8/20/15
to hey...@googlemail.com, Atlas
On 20/08/2015 06:23 μμ, hey...@googlemail.com wrote:
-I downloaded the graph files, and used the "Routing->Open Graph" command.
Is this the correct procedure? Or do i have to use the "create Graph" command before using it?

Wait there's a misunderstanding here.

What Geofabrik provides are original OpenStreetMap data, not graphs.

You need to create the graphs from that data with Atlas via 'Create graph' menu.
It'll ask you for the osm / pbf file as input and an empty directory as output.
Upon the successful creation of the graph, it's loaded automatically.

'Open graph' menu can be used later at any time for changing graphs, by opening another already built graph directory.

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 11:39:14 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
Oh my god, i am so sorry for bugging you about misusing Atlas...

I just read throu https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/atlas-app/KK8bUijRB1w
And saw the howto get it done. AND just noticed the "CREATING GRAPH" bar on the bottom
of the Atlas window...  Sorry about my blindness and thank you for helping!

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 11:44:25 AM8/20/15
to hey...@googlemail.com, Atlas
No problem, my pleasure to help you use Atlas!

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 11:53:08 AM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
One last Question if it is okay:

i have downloaded tons of map-files with a *.map file extention.
I can not create Graphs from them correct? So better delete them and stick
to the *.osm and *.pbf Maps? Or can i refomat/rename them to *.osm / *.pbf?

Emux

Aug 20, 2015, 12:06:13 PM8/20/15
to hey...@googlemail.com, Atlas
There are 3 different formats that are used in Atlas (and Cruiser) apps.

1) "map file" is the Mapsforge file format for offline vector maps.
(can be downloaded from the links provided inside Atlas)

2) "graph dir" is what we describe for GraphHopper offline routing structure.
(that we need to create)

3) For creating graphs we use osm / pbf files (e.g. from Geofabrik)
For the maps creation we also use osm / pbf files like we describe (I'm one of Mapsforge developers) at the wiki.

So essentially we have 2 different independent formats, "map file" for offline vector maps and "graph dir" for offline routing.
For both creation we need original OpenStreetMap data in osm / pbf format as input.

BTW there are also the "render themes" (xml files with image resources) which can be found in many places (like OpenAndroMaps) and change visually how a map file is rendered.

--
Emux

hey...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 3:33:31 PM8/20/15
to Atlas, hey...@googlemail.com
Hey Emux.

thanks a lot for giving me this short tutorial! ;)
i Think i finally understood how this all works,
and got the propper files and it works like a charm!
By the way, i was searching for those Themes, thanks!

Keep up the good stuff, best Regards, Konstantinos