May Update

John Plunkett

May 6, 2021, 7:44:37 AM5/6/21
to AtlantaSinging
Hello All,

Hope everyone is staying safe!!  Get your vaccine when you are eligible!!

May is not an overly active time for local Atlanta-convenient singings, but the Jack Smith Memorial held at Oakhurst Baptist Church on Memorial Day is cancelled for this year.  (Once it looks safe to gather and sing again and things are a bit more back to normal, we will hold a FINAL session of this singing.  Details TBD.)

Weather permitting, we will plan to move forward with the outside singing on

Sunday, May 23rd, 5:30p-7:30p at

Haygood Memorial United Methodist Church,
1015 East Rock Springs Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30306-3047.

This will be Sacred Harp only (ie-no Eclectic Harmony or Georgian Harmony).

PLEASE BRING YOUR MASK!!   We can decide at the time, based on who's there, etc - whether or not we'll need to wear them.

NO COMMUNITY FOOD!!  Bring your own water and feel free to bring a personal snack for the break time.

We expect to have chairs available from the church, but if you have a lawn chair, etc., and you can throw in your trunk it might be a good idea to have those on hand.

Related to this -- we'd like to have a head-count.  If it is LIKELY you will attend please send a confirmation email to me (bild...@hotmail.com) by Wednesday, May 19th.

Thanks and hope to see you on the 23rd!

John