October 2022 Atlanta Singing Reminder

1 view

John Plunkett

Sep 28, 2022, 9:23:59 AM9/28/22
to AtlantaSinging

October 2022 Atlanta Singing Reminder

Oct 2, 1st Sunday, 10:00 am, South Georgia Convention, Roberta Civic Center, Roberta GA. Directions: Dinner on the grounds at noon  From Atlanta, I-75 South to I-475 South. Turn right/west onto Hwy 80W (Eisenhower Parkway) to Roberta. Or, from Macon, take Hwy 80W to Roberta. In Roberta, turn left/south on N. Mathews Street. It becomes S. Mathews Street when you cross over Agency Street. The Civic Center (an old wooden church with good acoustics), is located at 93 South Mathews Street, just south of the old part of the town, next to the recycling center. S Mathews St is one block east of Highway 341. Contact/info: Oscar McGuire . 478-955-6135 (text preferred) - Contact Oscar with any questions.

Oct 6, First Thursday, 7:00 PM  to 9:00 PM.  Indoor singing from The Sacred Harp and The Eclectic Harmony. Emory Presbyterian Church, 1886 North Decatur Rd, Atlanta GA 30307. Park behind the church, off Westminster Way.  "Test-to-Sing" COVID precautions: Don't come if you have any COVID symptoms; same-day COVID antigen test required. Test at home and bring the details to be verified.  Tests also available on site, if you arrive early. Details: https://bit.ly/3I9ePuK  Info: David Brodeur, david .at. davidbrodeur -dot- com, or Amy Wells, amyarmstrongmidwife-at- gmail -dot- com.

Oct 9, 2nd Sunday -The Albright, Cates, Brown, and Sheppard Memorial singing (formerly held at Muscadine Methodist Church in Muscadine, AL) will be held on Sunday, October 9, 2022 (the second Sunday in October), at Holly Springs Church, in Bremen, Georgia. We will start at 10:00 EST. Dinner on the ground will be at 12:00. If you are able, please bring a covered dish.

Oct. 16, 3rd Sunday, 10:00am - Andrews Chapel/Schoolhouse, Upson Co. Georgia. Moved to the Roberta Civic Center, Roberta GA. Directions: Dinner on the grounds at noon. From Atlanta, I-75 South to I-475 South. Turn right/west onto Hwy 80W (Eisenhower Parkway) to Roberta. Or, from Macon, take Hwy 80W to Roberta. In Roberta, turn left/south on N. Mathews Street. It becomes S. Mathews Street when you cross over Agency Street. The Civic Center (an old wooden church with good acoustics), is located at 93 South Mathews Street, just south of the old part of the town, next to the recycling center. S Mathews St is one block east of Highway 341. Contact/info: Oscar McGuire . 478-955-6135 (text preferred) - Contact Oscar with any questions.

Oct 16, 3rd Sunday evening, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Haygood Memorial United Methodist Church, 1015 E Rock Springs Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306.  Join us for outdoor singing! Bring a snack and a friend.  Contact amyarmstrongmidwife-at-gmail-dot-com with any questions.  For more info about Covid precautions:  https://bit.ly/3I9ePuK

 Oct 22, Saturday before 4th Sunday, 10:00 am, Join us for the 44th Annual Seed and Feed Sacred Harp Singing! 10:00am - 3:00pm, Milam Park,3867 Norman Road, Clarkston, Georgia 30021. Four-part a cappella shape-note harmony singing from The Sacred Harp, 1991 Edition. FREE -OUTDOORS, Dinner on the Grounds at Noon. All are welcome (including kids) and loaner songbooks will be available. No singing experience necessary! We’re singing outdoors in a large covered pavilion. Please be vaccinated; feel free to wear a mask if desired. https://fb.me/e/2uK2GwaUL

Oct 23, 4th Sunday, Coweta County Courthouse Singing, PERMANENTLY CANCELED.

Oct 29-30, 5th Sunday and Saturday before (after Labor Day), The 152nd session of the Union Musical Sacred Harp Singing Convention will be held at Big Creek PBC in Alpharetta, GA. 10:00am.  Dinner on the grounds at noon.The windows in the church will be opened with fans running to assist in ventilation. If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend.  Contact John at bildad12-at-hotmail-com-com with questions. https://goo.gl/maps/TtmCB17PzRygnSbx5

John