November 2021 Singing Update

John Plunkett

Oct 28, 2021, 1:16:55 PM10/28/21
to AtlantaSinging

November 2021 singing update:

Some outdoor singing opportunities coming up in the next few weeks:

A reminder that the Union Convention is cancelled for this year.  If you have names to submit for the Memorial Lesson (which will be posted online), please send them to  andy-at-andyditzler-dot-com.

Oct 31st, Sunday  - 1p-4p at Woodlands Garden, 932 Scott Blvd (corner of Clairemont Ave) Decatur, GA 30030 www.woodlandsgarden.org   This is a good size screened porch and worked well for a singing we had earlier in the summer (has good air-flow). Will sing rain or shine.https://www.facebook.com/events/606892657018736   Bring a snack to share. Vaccination required, David Brodeur, david-at-davidbrodeur-dot-com

1st Thursday, Emory Presbyterian monthly singing is considered suspended until better weather or it is safe to sing indoors again.

Nov 6th, Saturday - 10:00am,  Denney Memorial at Oak Grove Primitive Baptist Church, Carrollton, GA. Dinner on the grounds at noon.  Contact Philip Denney with any questions, pdenney175-at-yahoo-dot-com, 770-367-2628.

Nov 7th, Sunday - 10:00am, Holly Springs Memorial Singing at Holly Springs Primitive Baptist Church, Bremen, GA.  Dinner on the grounds at noon.  Shane Brown is the chair for this year, but I don’t have any contact information for him. I haven’t seen anything posted online or on social media regarding the singing at Holly Springs for this year (but it has been announced at other singings).

Nov 14th, Sunday - 1p-4p at Woodlands Garden, 932 Scott Blvd (corner of Clairemont Ave) Decatur, GA 30030 www.woodlandsgarden.org   This is a good size screened porch and worked well for a singing we had earlier in the summer (so should have good air-flow). Will sing rain or shine.https://www.facebook.com/events/606892657018736   Bring a snack to share. Vaccination required, David Brodeur, david-at-davidbrodeur-dot-com

Nov 20th, Saturday - 10:00am start.  All day Georgian Harmony Singing at the Hollingsworth. (GPS coordinates for the Hollingsworth’s mailbox: 34.152384, -83.322767.

Directions: From Athens: Take Hwy 29 north, towards Danielsville. At the light near the Ingles store, bear left onto Hwy 106. Just past the 9-mile marker, turn left onto Adams Clarke Rd (at the Hill's Automotive sign). Go 1.5 miles to mailbox on right numbered 1574. When driveway splits, bear left. From I-85 North: Take Exit 149 to Hwy 441 at Banks Crossing outlet malls. Turn right onto 441 South. Go about 5 miles to Hwy 98 and turn left. In about 8 miles you'll reach a 4-way stop in Ila. Turn right and go 0.8 mile, then turn right on Adams Clarke Rd, go 1.5 miles to mailbox on right numbered 1574. When driveway splits, bear left.   Dinner on the grounds at noon (please note, Elsie will provide the meat, so please bring side dishes.) John Hollingsworth, 706-789-3916, john -at- billnet -dot- org

Nov 21st, Sunday - 3p-5p.  3rd Sunday singing at Haygood United Methodist Church, 1015 E Rock Springs Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306. Bring a snack.   Info: Amy Wells at 404-436-4522 or amyarmstrongmidwife -at- gmail -dot- com for additional information. (plan to meet outside as we have been doing, but can move inside the church if needed due to weather, etc).

4th Sunday and Saturday before - please note that the Alabama State Convention is cancelled for 2021.

Tentatively planning to have a Christmas singing, Sunday Dec 12th at Haygood Memorial UMC.  More info in the December email newsletter.

John