Mid April Update and Reminder:

John Plunkett

Apr 14, 2022, 1:49:08 PM4/14/22
to AtlantaSinging

Mid April Update and Reminder:

Please join us this Saturday for the Middle Georgia Singing - HISTORIC CHURCH associated with the Dumas Family.!

Apr. 16, Saturday before 3rd Sunday, 10:00 am, Middle Georgia Sacred Harp Singing, Union Primitive Baptist Church, Goggans, GA. On Johnstonville Rd between I-75 and Barnesville. Info: Oscar McGuire . 478-955-6135 (text preferred)

Both the Old Harmony singing (3rd Sunday) and St. Michael’s singing (4th Sunday) are confirmed.  Contact Cecil Roberts if you have any questions. (770) 574-7832.

Apr. 17, 3rd Sunday, 9:30 am Central Time, Old Harmony Church Singing, Abernathy, AL. Approximately 10 miles east of Heflin, AL. From I-20, take exit 210 (Ranburne/Muscadine exit), turn south (right) on County Rd. 60, go 1 mile; church will be on the right.

April 17, Third Sunday evening, Haygood Memorial United Methodist Church, 1015 E Rock Springs Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306.  6:00 to 8:00 PM. Singing will be indoors unless conditions change.  Masks are optional; vaccination is required.  For details, see https://bit.ly/3tYyqau  Info: Amy Wells at 404-436-4522 or amyarmstrongmidwife -at- gmail -dot- com

The Atlanta All Day is NEXT SATURDAY, the 23rd.

Apr. 23, Saturday before the 4th Sunday, April 23, Saturday, Atlanta All-Day Sacred Harp Singing.  Outdoors at Westside Park Pavilion, rain or shine.  https://bit.ly/3FPvDEh  10:00 AM to 2:30 PM, with dinner on the grounds at noon.  Masks are optional; vaccination is required.  For details, see https://bit.ly/3tYyqau  Chair: Andy Ditzler, andy ^at^ andyditzler +dot+ com

April 24, Apr. 28, 4th Sunday, 9:30 am Central Time, Alewine-Laminack Memorial, St. Michael Lutheran Church, 2213 County Rd. 14, Fruithurst (Cleburne County), AL. Take US 78 to Fruithurst, turn north (County Road 35) at Post Office, go to County Road 49, follow it north to County Road 14 (Rosewood Community), turn right, go about 2 miles, church is on the left. GPS: 33.815000, -85.406839.

Malinda has indicated that singing won’t start until closer to 5:30 or so, come if you can!

Would you like to sing for Dr. Malinda Snow's retirement party at GSU?

Thursday, 28 April 2022 at 5:30 PM

If you can be there by 5:20 or so, you can sing!

We'll be singing in a seated square, outside on the patio.

Enjoy the downtown view, and the food and drink (5:00 to 6:30).

Creative Media Industries Institute (CMII)

Third Floor Screening Room

Georgia State University

25 Park Place, Atlanta 30303

Easy walk from the Peachtree Center MARTA Station.

Free parking in the neighborhood for those who notify me in advance.

April 28, Thursday, 4:30 to 6:30 PM. We'd like to sing for Dr. Malinda Snow's retirement party at GSU. Please contact David B if can help out with this event and would like to participate:     david ^at* davidbrodeur *dot^ com   Parking passes in the neighborhood are available, and it is convenient to the 5 Points MARTA Station.  Thursday, 28 April 2022, 4:30 (sing around 5:30) to 6:30, Creative Media Industries Institute (CMII), Third Floor Screening Room, Georgia State University, 25 Park Place, Atlanta 30303.

Looking ahead to May, please note that the 1st Thursday singing at Emory Presbyterian Church is canceled for May.  See you in June!.

John