Minutes and cancellations

John Plunkett

Feb 2, 2021, 9:52:29 AM2/2/21
to AtlantaSinging
Hello All,

For those not on the FASOLA 'Singings ' listserv or any of the Sacred Harp related Facebook groups - I'm passing along this message from David Ivey and the minutes team:

The 2020-2021 Sacred Harp Singings: Minutes and Directory (the Minutes book) is now available!

Starting this year, boxes of Minutes books are not provided to singings. Instead, the Minutes book can be ordered on Amazon in the US and internationally, Barnes and Noble in many locales, as well as many other online booksellers (search for: Sacred Harp Minutes). Shipping may be free for loyalty members of Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

The US price for the 2020-2021 book is $7.00 plus tax and shipping. The 2020-2021 book is shorter than usual (240 pages) due to the effects of Covid-19. The book price is estimated to be $10.00 plus tax and shipping in future years.

We continue to have an online PDF version of the Minutes book available for download at no charge at fasola.org/minutes. This version does not contain names and contact information for singers nor the birthdays section for privacy reasons.

These changes enable us to make the book available earlier starting next year. (It took some extra time to get this system setup for the first time, hence we are just now getting the book available to you.) You should be able to get the bound and printed book in your hands earlier than ever wherever you are.

This year’s Minutes book is designated “Volume 76,” which recognizes the legacy of the book to 1945. Thanks to Dr. Jesse Pearlman Karlsberg and Dr. Warren Steel for the background information to set the volume number. You will notice that this book has an ISBN. Future books will have an ISSN. We expect to make previous volumes of the Minutes book available by print on demand at a later time.

More information is available at fasola.org/minutes or email min...@fasola.org.

Be safe!

David Ivey for the Minutes Book Committee: Judy Caudle (Editor), Chris Thorman, Carolyn Deacy

As mentioned in the January email,  I think it is safe to assume that singings are cancelled unless announced otherwise.   We will post any information re: specific singings (either being cancelled or being held) as long as you send it to us (Georgia singings only or if out of state, a convenient drive from the Atlanta area).

Here's a list for February/early March:
February
Sat before the 1st Sunday - Alabama 4 book singing, Montgomery - as far as I can tell this is cancelled
1st Sunday - Burnham/Brown singing, Jacksonville State University - cancelled
Sat before 2nd Sunday - Emory/Cannon Chapel, Atlanta - cancelled
3rd Sunday - University of West Georgia, Carrollton - cancelled
Sat before the 4th Sunday - Hardeman PBC, Decatur - cancelled
4th Sunday - State Botanical Gardens, Athens - cancelled
March
Sat before the 1st Sunday - Emmaus PBC, Thomaston - cancelled
1st Sunday - Ephesus Elementary School, Ephesus - cancelled

Stay safe (and warm!!),

John