AtlantaPHP November 2021 online meeting

Chris Spruck

Nov 10, 2021, 10:26:05 AM11/10/21
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, November 11th, 2021 — 7pm-9pm

NOTE: We are meeting remotely via Zoom. See the link below.

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/281949537/

PRESENTATION: "The Future of Continuous Delivery" by Paul Dragoonis, independent consultant and PHP Core member

It's the year 2021, an exciting time for the tech industry. Globally, software organisations and internet companies are delivering more and more software, at a rate and scale that we've never faced before.

This unprecedented demand has created new challenges for us all, which have been hurting our organizations when creating continuous delivery solutions.

The great thing about these new challenges is that they've sparked new and amazing innovations in the CI/CD industry.

In Paul's talk he will be showing you:
  • What new innovations the CI/CD, Cloud Native and Open Source communities have been developing.
  • Where these innovations are taking the world of continuous delivery.
  • What to expect, from the CD community, later this year, and into the future

About Paul:

  • Open source contributor
  • A member of the Jenkins (Blue Ocean and JenkinsX) projects.
  • A member of the PHP core language team, and PHP-FIG member and standards author.
  • A member of the CDF (Continuous Delivery Foundation), which is part of the Linux Foundation.

Paul works as an independent consultant in roles ranging from CTO, to Head of Engineering, to principal architect/developer/QA/DevOps consultant.

Paul spends a significant amount of his time rolling out CI/CD pipelines, and embedding continuous delivery processes and solutions into companies in the public and private sector.

Paul is very passionate about what he does and enjoys sharing his experiences with the wider community by way of private training or confernce/meetup speaking.

Twitter: @dr4goonis
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pauldragoonis
JenkinsX: https://jenkins-x.io/
CDF: https://cd.foundation/
PHP-FIG: https://www.php-fig.org/psr/
PHP: https://www.php.net/

Register and join the Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/451710299

(Due to COVID-19 limiting in-person meetings, we've joined forces with Boston PHP, Austin PHP, and Seattle PHP to form MergePHP, your new PHP Mega Meetup Group! We'll be working together to provide high quality speakers in a multi-group session. Otherwise, it'll work like our previous online meetings but NOTE: we'll meet on the second Thursday of the month for now, instead of the first Thursday.)