AtlantaPHP October 2021 online meeting

1 view

Chris Spruck

Oct 12, 2021, 10:04:40 AM10/12/21
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, October 14th, 2021 — 7pm-9pm

NOTE: We are meeting remotely via Zoom. See the link below.

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/281377095/

PRESENTATION: "Living with open source responsibility" by Mario Blazek

It is straightforward to open source a piece of code and call it a library. It is effortless to maintain it when you are the only user, but what happens when you reach the first hundred or thousand downloads?

Semantic versioning, changelog, stable release, backward compatibility, continuous integration, and code coverage would probably be some of the buzzwords that would pop up into your head.

Let's go through the process of being a responsible open-source developer and maintainer.

About Mario: Mario Blazek is a Senior Backend Developer at Q Agency and a Lead Developer of Jenz. Most of the time, he uses PHP as a language of choice. He promotes open-source software and PHP-related technologies as one of the organizers of Zagreb PHP User Group (ZgPHP). He likes working with Symfony framework and explores the dark sides of it. He is a Symfony and Twig certified developer.

When not on his primary job, he volunteers as a Chief fire officer at the local fire department. He's married to a beautiful wife and is a father of two sons. He tweets at https://twitter.com/phpanarchist.

Register and join the Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/451710299

(Due to COIVD-19 limiting in-person meetings, we've joined forces with Boston PHP and Austin PHP to form MergePHP, your new PHP Mega Meetup Group! We'll be working together to provide high quality speakers in a multi-group session. Otherwise, it'll work like our previous online meetings but NOTE: we'll meet on the second Thursday of the month for now, instead of the first Thursday.)