AtlantaPHP July 2021 online meeting

Chris Spruck

Jul 7, 2021, 9:27:43 AM7/7/21
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements, Atlanta PHP Meetup

Apologies for the late notice on tomorrow's meeting - we just got the details. Also, apologies if you see more than one copy of this if you're on Meetup. They were having issues with posting announcements.

Chris

=====

Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

When: Thursday, July 8th, 2021 — 7pm-9pm

NOTE: We are meeting remotely via Zoom. See the link below.

Please RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/279316085/

PRESENTATION: "Code Interfaces, Patents, and Copyrights" by Mike Stowe, RingCentral

In a landmark decision that marked the end of a ten year saga, the Supreme Court ruled that APIs are not copyrightable. In this talk, we'll take a look at the claims from copyright to patent infringement, review the history of decisions, and look into the key statements behind the Supreme Court ruling. We'll discuss what this likely means for the future of code interfaces and what it means for interoperability. Note - this is not legal advice.

About Mike: Michael Stowe is a professional, Zend Certified Engineer with over 10 years experience building applications for law enforcement, the medical field, nonprofits, and numerous industrial companies. Over the last several years he has been focused on APIs and ways to improve industry standards and efficiency. He now works for RingCentral, a company on the leading edge of cloud communications. You can view slides from his other talks at https://mikestowe.com/slides or follow him: https://twitter.com/mikegstowe.

Register and join the Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/451710299

(Due to COIVD-19 limiting in-person meetings, we've joined forces with Boston PHP and Austin PHP to form MergePHP, your new PHP Mega Meetup Group! We'll be working together to provide high quality speakers in a multi-group session. Otherwise, it'll work like our previous online meetings but NOTE: we'll meet on the second Thursday of the month for now, instead of the first Thursday.)