MARTA and radios

1 view

Yuri Sazaki

Dec 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/25/99
I just wanted to take this opportunity to vent for a moment. What's up
with all these people on MARTA with the headphones? Why do they have
the volume up so loud that everyone on the car can hear every note?
Surely this must be doing some sort of permanent damage to their ears.
Every now and then someone will complain and then a MARTA policeman
will stroll through and ask the person to turn the music down.

And maybe it's just me, but these young guys who get on at seven in the
morning ... they're listening to gansta rap. Not that I have anything
against them, but it seems like listening to a bunch of cursing that
early in the morning is kind of like drinking in the morning. That has
to have some kind of negative effect on the rest of their day.

Bleh, I am just venting. I'll be over it before Tuesday.
-j

--
yuris...@yahoo.com
http://www.angelfire.com/wv/cheese

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Greg H

Dec 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/25/99
Those who do this do so, because they have zero respect and consideration
for others. Why? Because they were raised by people who have zero respect
and consideration for others, as were their parents, and so on. "Trash"
produces more trash.

MARTA officers will usually not do a thing about it, unless people indeed
complain, and most people don't complain, because these same idiots that do
it are also probably packing a gun in their baggy pants. The only thing you
can do (safely) is get up and move to another car at the next stop, where
there will no doubt be another one. <sigh>

- GH

Yuri Sazaki <yuris...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

urfos

Dec 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/25/99
In article <843baa$trb$1...@nntp3.atl.mindspring.net>, "Greg H"
<greg...@nospammindspring.com> wrote:

> Those who do this do so, because they have zero respect and
> consideration for others. Why? Because they were raised by people
> who have zero respect and consideration for others, as were their
> parents, and so on. "Trash" produces more trash.
>
> MARTA officers will usually not do a thing about it, unless people
> indeed complain, and most people don't complain, because these same
> idiots that do it are also probably packing a gun in their baggy
> pants. The only thing you can do (safely) is get up and move to
> another car at the next stop, where there will no doubt be another
> one. <sigh>

Better yet, bring your own music and headphones. I prefer the
close-eared type. The music isn't the only offensive sound emanating
from the "trash".

urf

Big Don

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99

urfos wrote:

Uh, this so-called "trash" you folks are discussing,
please enlighten us lesser-informed.

How do you recognize "trash" What are the
key elements of their *description* ??

Big Don
No IQ-75 OOW_Breeding DAFNs !!@#$#@!!

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 08:34:38 -0800, Big Don <big...@eskimo.com>
wrote:

Many types, I suppose. Hatred, a lack of charity, mistreating
individuals because of the groups they belong to. Those are some
elements of human trash.

>Big Don
>No IQ-75 OOW_Breeding DAFNs !!@#$#@!!

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

MorganPark

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
> I just wanted to take this opportunity to vent for a moment. What's up
>with all these people on MARTA with the headphones? Why do they have
>the volume up so loud that everyone on the car can hear every note?

Because they listen to RAP music which means they have no need for ears because
they have nothing between their ears to interpret what is being said anyway.

Kev in Atlanta GA USA

http://hometown.aol.com/kevinv103/myhomepage/wedding.html

MorganPark

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
>for others. Why? Because they were raised by people who have zero respect
>and consideration for others, as were their parents, and so on. "Trash"
>produces more trash.

A typical RAP "music" listener. Perfect description!

MorganPark

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
> How do you recognize "trash" What are the
> key elements of their *description* ??

There are several ways to recognize trash:
1. They listen to RAP.
2. Their homes have more miles on them than their cars have!
3. No shoes.
4. No shirts.
5. They drive a 1970's era Camaro.
6. They drive a 1980's era Caprice Classic or Malibu station wagon!
7. Tattoos
8. Body earrings.
9. Vocabulary limited to such words as "hoe, bitch, muthafucka, nigga".
10. Vocabulary limited to such words as "y'all, fuckhead, shotgun, bowling".

G. M. Lupo

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
MorganPark wrote:

> > How do you recognize "trash" What are the
> > key elements of their *description* ??
>
> There are several ways to recognize trash:
> 1. They listen to RAP.

I listen to rap and none of your list applies to me. I've not only been
to college but grad school and have a decent job in the computer
industry and I come from a middle class background which includes no
time spent in a trailer park. You can't equate personality type with
the sort of music one listens to any more than you can equate one's
level of compassion with the type religion he or she practices.

Matt Lupo

--
G. M. Lupo ham...@lupo.com

www.lupo.net | www.lupo.org | www.hamlet.org

Jim

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Well, Matt, you forget that when people have no reason to respect
themselves, they will leap to any generalization to put down whole
groups of others. Thus all the spew about rap music and everything else.
Yes, it's really obnoxious when people crank up their radios in public,
without thinking about anybody else. But somehow, I don't think that
adds up to an incitement to race hatred.

As for all the people who like those generalizations, please be bold
enough to express them out loud while you're riding in the MARTA train.
That would make for an intteresting discussion...although not so safe as
speaking up in a newsgroup.

Holger

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:06:21 -0500, "G. M. Lupo"
<ham...@elsinore.lupo.com> wrote:

>I listen to rap and none of your list applies to me. I've not only been
>to college but grad school and have a decent job in the computer
>industry and I come from a middle class background which includes no
>time spent in a trailer park. You can't equate personality type with
>the sort of music one listens to any more than you can equate one's
>level of compassion with the type religion he or she practices.

Try to keep the fact that you listen to rap a secret, and never play
it in front of anyone else. It is very bad and degrades many of the
ignorant people who listen to it. You may be an exception, but be
very careful. Rap should be abolished.

Thus spoke Zarathustra. :-)

Holger

Wcb

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Hehehehe, Cobb has its own transit system and it will be only a matter of time
before the so called scum that you relate to will be filling the seats. Then you
(and the we that you referred to) will find another place to run and hide. Not
all of these people are scums even though they're are a few that are. Most of
them are decent people that get on the train and mind their own business. Don't
fool yourself into thinking Cobb is safe. It is already there and growing. You
just haven't looked real close yet.

MorganPark wrote:

> >As for all the people who like those generalizations, please be bold
> >enough to express them out loud while you're riding in the MARTA train.
> >That would make for an intteresting discussion...although not so safe as
> >speaking up in a newsgroup.
> >

> The last place I would be anyway is on a MARTA train. The kinds of scum that
> ride those trains and loiter around the MARTA stations are exactly the reason
> we do not want it in Cobb County.

Braybrook

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
"MorganPark" <morga...@aol.com> wrote in message

| >As for all the people who like those generalizations, please be bold
| >enough to express them out loud while you're riding in the MARTA train.
| >That would make for an intteresting discussion...although not so safe as
| >speaking up in a newsgroup.
| >

| The last place I would be anyway is on a MARTA train. The kinds of scum
that
| ride those trains and loiter around the MARTA stations are exactly the
reason
| we do not want it in Cobb County.

I think you are talking for yourself there. A 1% sales tax increase for a
limited use (bus) service is a questionable benefit to Cobb. Your comments
on the service in areas where it is excellent (the train system) are totally
unjustified. Have you ever used it? I have and it is one of the best ways to
go to and from a Dome or Phillips Arena event (Turner could have done better
in getting the system extended to Turner Stadium). If MARTA could guarantee
that the train system would be available in all areas of the system in a
reasonable time frame (look how long it has taken to get the service to
North Fulton) I would promote getting Cobb into the system and paying the 1%
sales tax.
As for scum using the system, I think you will find that there is a greater
police density on the MARTA train system daily than you have ever seen in
Buckhead (even when a major crime event is ongoing) or Cobb.

G. M. Lupo

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Holger wrote:

> Try to keep the fact that you listen to rap a secret, and never play
> it in front of anyone else. It is very bad and degrades many of the
> ignorant people who listen to it. You may be an exception, but be
> very careful. Rap should be abolished.

Now how the heck is the Sugar Hill Gang gonna degrade anybody? ;)

G. M. Lupo

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
MorganPark wrote:

> The last place I would be anyway is on a MARTA train. The kinds of
> scum that ride those trains and loiter around the MARTA stations are
> exactly the reason we do not want it in Cobb County.

My, my, you're Mr. Generalization aren't you? Perhaps I shouldn't
mention how long my hair is. :)

Instead you'd rather have ozone and smog and kids with severe asthma?

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Yuri Sazaki <yuris...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to take this opportunity to vent for a moment. What's up
>with all these people on MARTA with the headphones? Why do they have
>the volume up so loud that everyone on the car can hear every note?

>Surely this must be doing some sort of permanent damage to their ears.
>Every now and then someone will complain and then a MARTA policeman
>will stroll through and ask the person to turn the music down.
>
>And maybe it's just me, but these young guys who get on at seven in the
>morning ... they're listening to gansta rap. Not that I have anything
>against them, but it seems like listening to a bunch of cursing that
>early in the morning is kind of like drinking in the morning. That has
>to have some kind of negative effect on the rest of their day.
>
>Bleh, I am just venting. I'll be over it before Tuesday.
>-j

You mean Saturday. It'll all be over then; haven't you kept in touch
with the "news".

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>As for all the people who like those generalizations, please be bold
>enough to express them out loud while you're riding in the MARTA train.
>That would make for an intteresting discussion...although not so safe as
>speaking up in a newsgroup.

The last place I would be anyway is on a MARTA train. The kinds of scum that

ride those trains and loiter around the MARTA stations are exactly the reason
we do not want it in Cobb County.

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>I listen to rap and none of your list applies to me. I've not only been
>to college but grad school and have a decent job in the computer
>industry and I come from a middle class background which includes no
>time spent in a trailer park. You can't equate personality type with
>the sort of music one listens to any more than you can equate one's

Sure you can. If a person is listening to s "song" that says things like "kill
that motherfucka, blow his brains away then rape his hoe and blow dat bitch
away", that tells me that person is trash and is pretty worthless as a member
of the human race- especially when they cannot keep their "music" to
themselves.

Yuri Sazaki

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Yep. Only scum take public transportation and decent people, who merely
wish to make the trip to work easier or make their cars last longer by
using public transportation, don't take MARTA. Sheesh.

Oh, and in addition to that, the people in Cobb County who use its
transit system are all decent.
-j

--

In article <19991226213058...@ng-ca1.aol.com>,

morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:
> The last place I would be anyway is on a MARTA train. The kinds of
> scum that ride those trains and loiter around the MARTA stations are
> exactly the reason we do not want it in Cobb County.

Reed Riddle

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
In article <19991226213058...@ng-ca1.aol.com>,
morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:

>>As for all the people who like those generalizations, please be bold
>>enough to express them out loud while you're riding in the MARTA train.
>>That would make for an intteresting discussion...although not so safe as
>>speaking up in a newsgroup.
>>

>The last place I would be anyway is on a MARTA train. The kinds of scum
>that
>ride those trains and loiter around the MARTA stations are exactly the
>reason
>we do not want it in Cobb County.
>

>Kev in Atlanta GA USA

Wow, I ride MARTA to school all the time.....I didn't realize that I
counted as "scum" by doing so. Guess all that grad school is going to
waste. ;)

Cobb county seems not to want MARTA because they fear that the "poor
folk" will come up from Atlanta. Poor usually seems to translate into
"black people who will rob our houses, get on MARTA and go back home".
Somehow, I doubt that MARTA makes a good getaway vehicle.....

Of course, this is the same county that voted Newt Gingrich into
Congress....not exactly what I'd call an impressive group of open
thinkers.

Reed

--
Reed Riddle rriddle "at" earthlink.net
Ph.D. Candidate, Astronomy, Georgia State University

"This life has been a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have
received instructions on where to go and what to do."
Angela Chase, "My so-called life"

Remove "DAMN SPAM" from my email address to reply.....

Holger

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 22:36:54 -0500, roamer1@-removeme-pobox.com (S.C.)
wrote:

>Me too (although I did live in a "hick town" of northwest GA for years
>-- but I never had much to do with the hicks anyway, as I scared them!
>I've listened to rap on and off since high school [where, FWIW, I was
>voted "most likely to succeed"...] I'll listen to anything EXCEPT FOR
>COUNTRY -- I got burned out on country years ago! I know quite a few
>other white middle-class types who regularly listen to rap, as well.)

You won't succeed in anything if you keep listening to:

"Rape that little girl hoe. Kill that motherfuckin poelice.
Motherfucka, motherfucka, motherfucka, etc."

Get as far away from people who say "motherfucka" about every other
word, as you can.

Holger

Holger

Lloyd R. Parker

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Greg H (greg...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: Those who do this do so, because they have zero respect and consideration
: for others. Why? Because they were raised by people who have zero respect

: and consideration for others, as were their parents, and so on. "Trash"
: produces more trash.

Heck, I was in my local library last month; someone there had on
headphones turned on so loud you could hear it!

People in general have no respect for others anymore; they treat every
place like it's their home. Movie theaters: talking, running around.
Restaurants: talking, answering cell phones.

Plus, parents persist in bringing young children into libraries, theaters,
restaurants, etc., and letting them (1) scream, (2) run around, (3)
scream, (4) cry, (5) scream, (6) talk loudly, (7) scream. Absolutely no
consideration for others.

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>Hehehehe, Cobb has its own transit system and it will be only a matter of
>time
>before the so called scum that you relate to will be filling the seats.

Which is why I will be living in Anniston, AL if ti comes to pass. I am already
thinking about it beings that we have aliens moving in and carving up goats in
sub divisions.

Kev in Atlanta GA USA

http://hometown.aol.com/kevinv103/myhomepage/wedding.html

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>I think you are talking for yourself there. A 1% sales tax increase for a
>limited use (bus) service is a questionable benefit to Cobb. Your comments
>on the service in areas where it is excellent (the train system) are totally
>unjustified. Have you ever used it? I have and it is one of the best

Yes I have used it and it was OK. The reason I do not want it in Cobb near my
home is because it brings crime and a lower class of people into the
neighborhoods around where it goes- not to mention the types I see hanging
around the 5 points station all the time.

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>Instead you'd rather have ozone and smog and kids with severe asthma?

No, I would rather have a system that is policed like the Chicago Transit
Authority (which I rode for 12 years to work everyday) is. They do not allow
rude behavior, loitering or sleeping on the trains. But as long as Bill
Campbell is running MARTA, there is no way in hell I want it within 2 miles of
my house!

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>And as far as "scum" is concerned -- from what I've seen there's
>plenty in south Cobb and the Franklin Road area too (and pockets
>elsewhere)...WHERE CCT RUNS...

Well I live in South Cobb- right near I-20 and Thornton Rd and the scum has not
ooozed this way yet. BUt they will if MARTA brings them out here. If they want
to live in Cobb, they should move to Symrna so they can get around without
having to pay for a car.

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>Wow, I ride MARTA to school all the time.....I didn't realize that I
>counted as "scum" by doing so. Guess all that grad school is going to
>waste. ;)

I did not say or imply that everybody that rode MARTA was scum but it seems
that lots of scum certainly like MARTA!

>Cobb county seems not to want MARTA because they fear that the "poor
>folk" will come up from Atlanta. Poor usually seems to translate into
>"black people who will rob our houses, get on MARTA and go back home".

Cobb county welcomes all races of people as long as they wish to work and get
along with their neighbors and not rop, rape and trash the place up. In fact, I
would say that Cobb is probably the best county in GA if not the USA for black
people. Me and my wife (who is black) have always been comfortable here and
never had any problems.

>Of course, this is the same county that voted Newt Gingrich into
>Congress....not exactly what I'd call an impressive group of open
>thinkers.

Well our Congressman is Bob Barr. I do not like everything he says or does but
he is certanly better than Cynthia McKinney!

MorganPark

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
>Oh, and in addition to that, the people in Cobb County who use its
>transit system are all decent.
>-j

Most of them are. I have not heard of any killings or drug dealers hanging
around Cobb bus stops- yet.

Jim

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Well, Holger, there's no distinction too great to escape your mind when it
comes to race. But in case you haven't noticed, not all rap music is about
"hoe" this and "muthafucka" that. In fact, some of it is as sophisticated
as the finest black music. And you probably haven't noticed this either,
but some of the most widely recognized American composers of the 20th
century were black.

Braybrook

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99

| >Hehehehe, Cobb has its own transit system and it will be only a matter of
| >time
| >before the so called scum that you relate to will be filling the seats.
|
| Which is why I will be living in Anniston, AL if ti comes to pass. I am
already
| thinking about it beings that we have aliens moving in and carving up
goats in
| sub divisions.

But Smyrna passed a local ordinance banning that practice. Will you complain
about the neighbor carving up deer in their back/front yard when you move to
Anniston? It might be unhealthy to complain about things like that as you
go further west (I would have thought it an unhealthy complaint in Smyrna,
so it could be interesting next year when Smyrna police enforce it).

Braybrook

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99

| >Oh, and in addition to that, the people in Cobb County who use its
| >transit system are all decent.
| >-j
|
| Most of them are. I have not heard of any killings or drug dealers hanging
| around Cobb bus stops- yet.

You might want to visit some areas of Marietta before you take bets on that.

Andy Walton

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
In article <19991227180717...@ng-fw1.aol.com>,
morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:

:we have aliens moving in and carving up goats in sub divisions.

Is it time to call Mulder and Scully yet?
--
"You come to see what you want to see
You come to see, but you never come to know." --Kinky Friedman

ivy_mike

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99

Lloyd R. Parker wrote:

<Smug smile>
Hahahaha....what goes around comes around Lloyd; only you're too dense to see it.

It's the permissiveness that you liberals have been pushing for 35 years that's
the primary cause of this disrespectful behavior that's so rampant now. I think
it's hilarious to see you beginning to reap what you've sown.

--
Regards, IM

G. M. Lupo

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
"S.C." wrote:

> I've listened to rap on and off since high school [where, FWIW, I was
> voted "most likely to succeed"...] I'll listen to anything EXCEPT FOR
> COUNTRY -- I got burned out on country years ago! I know quite a few
> other white middle-class types who regularly listen to rap, as well.)

Well I was in high school and working at Six Flags when Rapper's
Delight, the first big rap record, came out and within two weeks my
friends and I knew all the words -- I still know most of the words, but
I cheated and got the CD a few months ago. ;) I'd hear kids at the park
walking around doing the song all the time. A few years later, I heard
Buffalo Gals by Malcolm McLaren and thought it was great. I got the
"anniversary" CD a few months ago, where McLaren talks about how the
record came about. It's pretty cool.

G. M. Lupo

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Reed Riddle wrote:

> Wow, I ride MARTA to school all the time.....I didn't realize that I
> counted as "scum" by doing so. Guess all that grad school is going to
> waste. ;)

See, never let it be said that you can't learn something on the
Internet.

Matt Lupo
fellow scum...

G. M. Lupo

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
MorganPark wrote:

> I am already thinking about it beings that we have aliens moving in

> and carving up goats in sub divisions.

And who says they don't know how to party in Cobb?

Matt Lupo

G. M. Lupo

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
MorganPark wrote:

> Well our Congressman is Bob Barr. I do not like everything he says or
> does but he is certanly better than Cynthia McKinney!

Hmmm. That's sort of like comparing apples to slightly whacky apples.

The Sanity Inspector

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
"G. M. Lupo" <ham...@elsinore.lupo.com> shared with usenet this
thought:

>MorganPark wrote:
>
>> I am already thinking about it beings that we have aliens moving in
>> and carving up goats in sub divisions.
>
>And who says they don't know how to party in Cobb?
>
>Matt Lupo

Was this a case of do-it-yourself "carnicería"? Or a Santeria
sacrifice? Or what.

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.

Holger

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:29:16 -0500, att...@mindspring.com (Andy
Walton) wrote:

> :we have aliens moving in and carving up goats in sub divisions.

You mean it's gotten so bad in the slums that they have starting
eating cabrita like the poor Mexicans in Mexico?

>Is it time to call Mulder and Scully yet?

Holger

Holger

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:56:00 -0500, "G. M. Lupo"
<ham...@elsinore.lupo.com> wrote:

>MorganPark wrote:
>
>> I am already thinking about it beings that we have aliens moving in

>> and carving up goats in sub divisions.
>

>And who says they don't know how to party in Cobb?

Caaaaaaaaaabritaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Muy rápido!!!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

>Matt Lupo

Speedy Gonzales

Holger

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:59:04 -0500, "G. M. Lupo"
<ham...@elsinore.lupo.com> wrote:

>MorganPark wrote:
>
>> Well our Congressman is Bob Barr. I do not like everything he says or
>> does but he is certanly better than Cynthia McKinney!

Oh, come on! ---- as Matlock might say :-). Cynthia McKinney is
mentally retarded buffoon. Bob is very intelligent. He took Neal
Boortz's place on Boortz's show today.

>Hmmm. That's sort of like comparing apples to slightly whacky apples.

Comparing Bob Barr to Cynthia McKinney is like comparing apples to
chicken shit.

>Matt Lupo

Holger

solutrian

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
In article <tnnc6sse0qmdqedvg...@4ax.com>,
"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." <tyre...@workmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 08:34:38 -0800, Big Don <big...@eskimo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >urfos wrote:

Yes, the poster's definition of trash is accurate as far as it goes, and
may commonly be seen on city transport systems throughout the country. I
travel, when I can't avoid it, by PATCO in Philadelphia, uncharitably
called the Nairobi Express by area students. Hatred, lack of charity,
mistreatment of individuals because of group/ethnic classification are
comman characteristics exibited by the regular ridership. Vulgarity and
rudenness are taken as a matter of course. The rare elderly,
historically advantaged, lady should not be so brash as to think a seat
might be offered to her should the car be full, and full it will be,
since the average weight of the ridership seems to be around
300lbs,(female; somewhat less for males who nevertheless take up more
space because of their comman practice of using the entire seat for a
bed). I have actually seen people snorring while having headsets on and
rap music from the apparatus audible throughout the car. Doubt my word.
Go to Philly and take a daytime ride on PATCO. Avoid times when HS
students are going or coming.

--
solutrian

Lloyd R. Parker

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
Holger (Hol...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:59:04 -0500, "G. M. Lupo"

Bob Barr, sponsor of the DOMA, who's been divorced and married how many
times? Bob Barr, who wants the gov't to decide which religions are to be
tolerated?

urfos

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
In article <84apee$5lu$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, solutrian
<solu...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > parents, and so on. "Trash" produces more trash.
>
> Yes, the poster's definition of trash is accurate as far as it goes, and
> may commonly be seen on city transport systems throughout the country. I
> travel, when I can't avoid it, by PATCO in Philadelphia, <snip>

What's PATCO stand for? What happened to SEPTA? Been awhile since I
visited the area.

urf (PA native)

MorganPark

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
>Will you complain
>about the neighbor carving up deer in their back/front yard when you move to
>Anniston?

Hell yes I would! If you kill a deer, clean the damn thing in the woods! Gawd,
what next, refridgerators on the damn porches?

MorganPark

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
>In fact, some of it is as sophisticated
>as the finest black music. And you probably haven't noticed this either,
>but some of the most widely recognized American composers of the 20th
>century were black.

Yes, but composers like Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones have never had lyrics
like "muthafuck you and rape yo hoe too" in the ier music.

MorganPark

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
>Well I was in high school and working at Six Flags when Rapper's
>Delight, the first big rap record, came out and within two weeks my
>friends and I knew all the words -- I still know most of the words, but
>I cheated and got the CD a few months ago. ;) I'd hear kids at the park
>walking around doing the song all the time. A few years later, I heard
>Buffalo Gals by Malcolm McLaren and thought it was great. I got the
>"anniversary" CD a few months ago, where McLaren talks about

That kind of rap is not the rap of today.

MorganPark

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
>And who says they don't know how to party in Cobb?

That is not a party. that is just disrespect for your neighbors. This is NOT
Old Mexico where people do such things. This is a neighborhood and people do
not wish to see skinned goats hanging from swing sets.

MorganPark

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
>What's PATCO stand for? What happened to SEPTA? Been awhile since I
>visited the area.

PATCO is for the Air Traffic Controllers Union. (Professional Air Traffic
Controller Organization)

Braybrook

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99

| >Will you complain
| >about the neighbor carving up deer in their back/front yard when you move
| >Anniston?
|
| Hell yes I would! If you kill a deer, clean the damn thing in the woods!
Gawd,
| what next, refridgerators on the damn porches?

You might consider moving back to Chicago rather than Alabama. It can be
dangerous to insultingly tell someone where they can clean their game or
keep their beer, in some areas of the country.

EJ

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
ivy_mike wrote:

> > People in general have no respect for others anymore... <snip>

> > Plus, parents persist in bringing young children into libraries, theaters,

> > restaurants, etc., and letting them... <snip>

> Hahahaha....what goes around comes around Lloyd; only you're too dense to see

> It's the permissiveness that you liberals have been pushing for 35 years that's

> the primary cause of this disrespectful behavior that's so rampant now. I think
> it's hilarious to see you beginning to reap what you've sown.

You are exactly right. It's just a shame that the rest of us have to put
up with it. But hey, as long as they feel good about themselves...

EJ

Braybrook

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99

| >And who says they don't know how to party in Cobb?
| >

| That is not a party. that is just disrespect for your neighbors. This is
NOT
| Old Mexico where people do such things. This is a neighborhood and people
do
| not wish to see skinned goats hanging from swing sets.

It never bothered me growing up to see a pig or deer hanging from a tree,
and guess what it doesn't bother me now.

Greg H

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
">Uh, this so-called "trash" you folks are discussing,
please enlighten us lesser-informed.

How do you recognize "trash" What are the
key elements of their *description* ??<"

And let me guess.... you're baiting for someone to spill out "Black"
somewhere, right? Oh, give it a rest. "Trash" : Anyone ( as in.. anyone )
who disrespects others in a public space or gathering, by playing music so
loud that everyone has to hear it, singing out loud, cussing out loud, etc.
etc. etc.

Trashy people are trashy people... and deserve the label if they cannot
respect others, period.

- GH

Big Don <big...@eskimo.com> wrote in message

> urfos wrote:
>
> > In article <843baa$trb$1...@nntp3.atl.mindspring.net>, "Greg H"
> > <greg...@nospammindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Those who do this do so, because they have zero respect and
> > > consideration for others. Why? Because they were raised by people
> > > who have zero respect and consideration for others, as were their

> > > parents, and so on. "Trash" produces more trash.
> > >

> > > MARTA officers will usually not do a thing about it, unless people
> > > indeed complain, and most people don't complain, because these same
> > > idiots that do it are also probably packing a gun in their baggy
> > > pants. The only thing you can do (safely) is get up and move to
> > > another car at the next stop, where there will no doubt be another
> > > one. <sigh>
> >
> > Better yet, bring your own music and headphones. I prefer the
> > close-eared type. The music isn't the only offensive sound emanating
> > from the "trash".
>
> Uh, this so-called "trash" you folks are discussing,
> please enlighten us lesser-informed.
>
> How do you recognize "trash" What are the
> key elements of their *description* ??

G. M. Lupo

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
MorganPark wrote:

> >Well I was in high school and working at Six Flags when Rapper's
> >Delight, the first big rap record, came out and within two weeks my

> >friends and I knew all the words...

> That kind of rap is not the rap of today.

"Rap" is a blanket term that covers a wide variety of musical styles.
That's like comparing Elton John, a "rock" star to Megadeath, other
"rock" stars. I'm constantly amazed by how innovative the rap artists
of today are and how much music is coming out that's not "rap" but has
been heavily influenced by it. Techniques like scratching and sampling
are turning up on a wide variety of records that wouldn't be considered
rap. Groups like Massive Attack and Portishead are both very musical
and very much influenced by rap and hip hop.

Andy Walton

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
In article <19991228184705...@ng-cj1.aol.com>,
morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:

:>Well I was in high school and working at Six Flags when Rapper's
:>Delight, the first big rap record, came out and within two weeks my

:>friends and I knew all the words -- I still know most of the words, but

:>I cheated and got the CD a few months ago. ;) I'd hear kids at the park
:>walking around doing the song all the time. A few years later, I heard
:>Buffalo Gals by Malcolm McLaren and thought it was great. I got the
:>"anniversary" CD a few months ago, where McLaren talks about

:
:That kind of rap is not the rap of today.

So, tell me, O noted music critic, what is "the rap of today?" You seem to
be laboring under the belief that "gangsta rap" is all, or even most, of
the form, and that there's nomodern equivalent (no violence, no swearing)
to the Sugar Hill Gang. Tell it to The Fugees (and Lauryn Hill, and Wyclef
Jean), Will Smith, TLC, the Beastie Boys, etc. Or if you mean to claim
that there's no politically conscious rap along the lines of Grandmaster
Flash and the Furious Five, check out Public Enemy, Coolio or the
aforementioned Fugees.
--
"I'd love to sell out completely. It's just
that nobody has been willing to buy." -- John Waters

MorganPark

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
>"Rap" is a blanket term that covers a wide variety of musical styles.

Such as? (and don't confuse the trash with hip-hop)

>That's like comparing Elton John, a "rock" star to Megadeath, other
>"rock" stars.

Elton John is a pop star- not a rock star.

>I'm constantly amazed by how innovative the rap artists
>of today are

How hard is it to merely sample somebody else's hard work and say dirty words
to it?

>and how much music is coming out that's not "rap" but has
>been heavily influenced by it. Techniques like scratching and sampling

Do you think those came from rap? Kenny "Jammin" Jason and Mario "Smokin" Diaz
would highly disagree. They are members of the original Hot Mix Six out of
Chicago that pioneered HOUSE music from which those techniques came in the
early 1980s.

maryanne kehoe

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
Just remember, Cobb County, if MARTA comes to your neighborhood, crime
WILL follow. It HAS been proven, for example, when the Perimeter Mall
station opened, there was a marked incrrease at crime inside the mall,
(shoplifting went way up) plus cars stolen out of the parking lots
increased. This all happened AFTER the MARTA station opened. This comes
from a friend of mine who is a security officer there (for the past 9
years).

The concerns of folks in Cobb County who do not want MARTA in their
neighborhoods are legitimate.

Jim

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
Well, you have two choices:

1. You can keep moving farther out from the center and trying to create
an island that's free of the problems you don't want to see.

2. Or you can stay put and try to deal with the situation around you.

But you don't have the choice of freezing out public transportation.
Maintaining wide open suburbs to accommodate white flight from the city
was an option a couple of decades back. It isn't an option now. There
are just too many of us. If we keep trying to live the way we used to
live, there won't be a single tree left in this area.

Speaking from my own experience, if you do your part to fight crime
instead of just running from it, you will feel a lot better about
yourself and the place you live in. You have the power to do more than
run.

Holger

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
On Sun, 02 Jan 2000 11:33:19 -0500, Jim <jcp...@swellsouth.net> wrote:

>Well, you have two choices:
>
>1. You can keep moving farther out from the center and trying to create
>an island that's free of the problems you don't want to see.
>
>2. Or you can stay put and try to deal with the situation around you.
>
>But you don't have the choice of freezing out public transportation.
>Maintaining wide open suburbs to accommodate white flight from the city
>was an option a couple of decades back. It isn't an option now. There
>are just too many of us. If we keep trying to live the way we used to
>live, there won't be a single tree left in this area.
>
>Speaking from my own experience, if you do your part to fight crime
>instead of just running from it, you will feel a lot better about
>yourself and the place you live in. You have the power to do more than
>run.

Well, you can move to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida, and get an apartment
or condo or house on the beach. :-)

Holger

Charles Hobbs

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00

urfos wrote:

> In article <84apee$5lu$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, solutrian
> <solu...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > > parents, and so on. "Trash" produces more trash.
> >

> > Yes, the poster's definition of trash is accurate as far as it goes, and
> > may commonly be seen on city transport systems throughout the country. I
> > travel, when I can't avoid it, by PATCO in Philadelphia, <snip>
>

> What's PATCO stand for? What happened to SEPTA? Been awhile since I
> visited the area.

PATCO: Port Authority Transportation Company: runs between Downtown Phila.
and Lindenwold, NJ.

SEPTA: Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, city and suburban
transit for Philadelphia.

MorganPark

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
>Maintaining wide open suburbs to accommodate white flight from the city
>was an option a couple of decades back. It isn't an option now. There
>are just t

How come when whites move out, it is called "white flight" but when blacks move
out, it is called "integration"? I have never understood that. I mean, Cobb
County is not the place to move if you do not wish to have blacks around!
Neither is Douglas County.

>If we keep trying to live the way we used to
>live, there won't be a single tree left in this area.

Who cares? What do trees do for us besides mess up our lawns in the fall?

>Speaking from my own experience, if you do your part to fight crime
>instead of just running from it, you will feel a lot better about
>yourself and the place you live in.

Yeah, well you move to my old neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago and
tell them that- the few that might be left anyway. Once the gangs, dope heads
and other assorted human garbage get a foothold in your neighborhood, you can
kiss it goodbye. You have a choice- be wise and be among the first to move and
get a decent price or stay and fight a losing battle and then have to sell for
nothing. My parents tried to stay in Morgan Park but after 2 stolen cars, 2
break ins and a murder almost right in front of our house, we had to sell the
place for 40% less than we paid for it. I learned my lesson from what I saw
them go through and at the FIRST sign of trouble we are GONE and I consider
MARTA trouble along with mutil family buildings. The 2 biggest reasons we
bought over here were NO MARTA and NO APARTMENTS.

urfos

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
In article <20000102200005...@ng-cj1.aol.com>,
morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:

> >Maintaining wide open suburbs to accommodate white flight from the
> >city was an option a couple of decades back. It isn't an option now.
> >There are just t
>
> How come when whites move out, it is called "white flight" but when
> blacks move out, it is called "integration"? I have never understood
> that. I mean, Cobb County is not the place to move if you do not wish
> to have blacks around! Neither is Douglas County.
> >If we keep trying to live the way we used to live, there won't be a
> >single tree left in this area.
> >

> Who cares? What do trees do for us besides mess up our lawns in the
> fall?

The most short-sighted, anti-environment statement I've heard in awhile.
Trees help keep the greenhouse effect down, absorb pollution from SUV's,
produce oxygen (and you look like you need alot ;) ) I would have to
say your basic 12 year old asthma sufferer cares alot. Did you flunk
biology? Or are you just a greedy developer? Lawns just suck up water
from the garden hose that could be better used elsewhere.

> >Speaking from my own experience, if you do your part to fight crime
> >instead of just running from it, you will feel a lot better about
> >yourself and the place you live in.
>
> Yeah, well you move to my old neighborhood on the South Side of
> Chicago and tell them that- the few that might be left anyway. Once
> the gangs, dope heads and other assorted human garbage get a foothold
> in your neighborhood, you can kiss it goodbye.

All those neighborhoods just east/southeast of Atlanta making a comeback
and having property values go through the roof shoots a big ol' hole in
that theory. And a MARTA train runs through it.

urf

The Sanity Inspector

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
urfos <ur...@post.com> shared with usenet this thought:

>The most short-sighted, anti-environment statement I've heard in awhile.
>Trees help keep the greenhouse effect down, absorb pollution from SUV's,
>produce oxygen (and you look like you need alot ;) ) I would have to
>say your basic 12 year old asthma sufferer cares alot. Did you flunk
>biology? Or are you just a greedy developer? Lawns just suck up water
>from the garden hose that could be better used elsewhere.

If everyone would pave their yards, I could enjoy white water
canoing on the Flint River, in middle GA.

MorganPark

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
>The most short-sighted, anti-environment statement I've heard in awhile.
>Trees help keep the greenhouse effect down, absorb pollution from SUV's,

Trees absorbing pollution is like a string of thread helping to pull a car.>Or

are you just a greedy developer? Lawns just suck up water
>from the garden hose that could be better used elsewhere.

I never water mine. I feel that if the Lord don't water it, forget it.

MorganPark

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
>All those neighborhoods just east/southeast of Atlanta making a comeback
>and having property values go through the roof shoots a big ol' hole in
>that theory. And a MARTA train runs through it.

The reasons for that are speculators and homosexuals. The former don't even
live in that neighborhood and the latter don't worry about schools, crime and
that kind of stuff because they do not have families.

urfos

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
In article <20000103183232...@ng-cf1.aol.com>,
morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:

> >The most short-sighted, anti-environment statement I've heard in awhile.
> >
> >Trees help keep the greenhouse effect down, absorb pollution from SUV's,
>
> Trees absorbing pollution is like a string of thread helping to pull a
> car.>Or
> are you just a greedy developer? Lawns just suck up water
> >from the garden hose that could be better used elsewhere.
>
> I never water mine. I feel that if the Lord don't water it, forget it.

Then what do you care if the Lord drops leaves on it? Could only
improve that parched grass (especially this year) with pretty red,
yellow, and orange leaves.

urf

urfos

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
In article <20000103183441...@ng-cf1.aol.com>,
morga...@aol.com (MorganPark) wrote:

> >All those neighborhoods just east/southeast of Atlanta making a comeback
> >and having property values go through the roof shoots a big ol' hole in
> >that theory. And a MARTA train runs through it.
>
> The reasons for that are speculators and homosexuals. The former don't
> even
> live in that neighborhood and the latter don't worry about schools, crime
> and
> that kind of stuff because they do not have families.

Sure, man. Crime only happens to children. Good schools don't drive up
property values. I'm sure hate crimes toward homosexuals don't exist in
Atlanta either. And speculators as you call them? Are there stocks or
bonds in them there neighborhoods?

How 'bout it's cheaper to buy there because of what it was like in the
past, compared to the lilly white northern suburbs? Things like
neighborhood watches drove alot of troublemakers out.

urf

MorganPark

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
>Sure, man. Crime only happens to children. Good schools don't drive up
>property values. I'm sure hate crimes toward homosexuals don't exist in
>Atlanta either. And speculators as you call them? Are there stocks or
>bonds in them there neighborhoods?

Schools are property values only matter to families- not to singles of
homosexual couples. Crime might happen but the average person knows that women
and children are the most frequent targets of the predators that inhabit those
areas. They do not mess with young white males- which is what most of the
homosexuals moving over there are,

MorganPark

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
>Then what do you care if the Lord drops leaves on it? Could only
>improve that parched grass (especially this year) with pretty red,
>yellow, and orange leaves.

I don't care and I don't rake the lawn either. I used to until the trash pick
up would not take the leafs anymore. I got tired of having to bag them, take
them out late at night and dump them in Winn Dixie's parking lot.

Braybrook

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00

| >Then what do you care if the Lord drops leaves on it? Could only
| >improve that parched grass (especially this year) with pretty red,
| >yellow, and orange leaves.
|
| I don't care and I don't rake the lawn either. I used to until the trash
pick
| up would not take the leafs anymore. I got tired of having to bag them,
take
| them out late at night and dump them in Winn Dixie's parking lot.

Why am I not surprised?
Pity you didn't get caught...

Lloyd R. Parker

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
MorganPark (morga...@aol.com) wrote:
: >Sure, man. Crime only happens to children. Good schools don't drive up
: >property values. I'm sure hate crimes toward homosexuals don't exist in
: >Atlanta either. And speculators as you call them? Are there stocks or
: >bonds in them there neighborhoods?
:
: Schools are property values only matter to families- not to singles of
: homosexual couples. Crime might happen but the average person knows that women

Not so. Schools affect property values, and singles and gay couples own
property. Further, the level of education in a community affects everyone
(which is why everyone pays school taxes) -- it affects what businesses
come in, what development takes place, etc.

MorganPark

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
>Not so. Schools affect property values, and singles and gay couples own
>property.

If that was true, you should be able to buy houses in Atlanta cheap- because
the schools there SUCK big time.

Kev in Atlanta GA USA

Corporate Rock Sucks!! For real rock: www.wnur.org