Waiver for tomorrow’s ride

1 view

Little Penguin

Mar 25, 2023, 6:32:53 PM3/25/23
to athens...@googlegroups.com

Re: waivers for tomorrow’s ride.

This is an informal ride and not an organized event or a Team Athens ride-no waiver needed.

However:

1)  I politely ask that you only ride with me tomorrow if you are covid vaccinated.

2) Riding your bike can be dangerous and I am not responsible for any injury or damages. Ride at your own risk.

(Hopefully that covers the important topics that would be in a waiver).

See you all tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi All -

I plan on doing a road ride on Sunday, assuming the weather cooperates (*see below).  I'd love to have some riding company.

WHERE/WHEN: Leaving Peden at 12:00 on Sunday(March 26th).

ROUTE: The infamous "Lollipop (forward)" loop (Strava link below) - 37.5 milesrelatively flat with a few short hills between Nelsonville and Doanville (506ft gain elevation total - according to Strava).

(If you want to ride longer on Sunday, please consider joining me and adding miles on before and/or after: larger group = more fun for all!).

PACE: Easy/moderate pace to Nelsonville, let the group dictate the pace Nelsonville to Doanville (with pre-determined sprint point(s) along the way), easy (at least until we regroup)/moderate pace home.

This a "no stop" ride (i.e.,  bring enough food/drink to be able to ride for the whole 37.5 miles without stopping to refill your supplies.  We are going to ride the whole time without stopping barring mechanicals - we will slow up and soft pedal a little after each sprint point to give anyone who has been dropped the opportunity to rejoin the group.).

*"WEATHER PROTOCOL": It is suppose to be in the 40s/50s and rain free.  If it is raining and less than 70 degrees, I'm not going to go. If it is still so cold there is ice on the roads and/or still in 30s, I wont go (regardless of rain situation).

Although weather/sickness this time of year makes it hard to plan rides in advance, assume the ride is "a go" at Peden on Sunday at noon.  I'll send out an email Sunday morning if I am NOT going for some reason-otherwise, assume I'll be there to ride at noon

Hope to see some folks there.

(I think this goes without saying, but please do not come if you are contagiously sick - covid or otherwise.)