seed for AthenaCL

menno

Dec 25, 2013, 2:37:50 PM12/25/13
to athe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christopher Ariza,
i there a way to give AthjenaCL a "seed xx"? Now every time totally new data are generated and i would like to be able to let AthenaCL generate the same data when i want to.

christopher ariza

Jan 2, 2014, 1:31:29 PM1/2/14
to athe...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but I never implemented a global seed for all random generators used in athenaCL. It is possibly, but it might require some extensive refactoring.

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM, menno <nabo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Christopher Ariza,
i there a way to give AthjenaCL a "seed xx"? Now every time totally new data are generated and i would like to be able to let AthenaCL generate the same data when i want to.

menno

Jan 11, 2014, 1:37:51 PM1/11/14
to athe...@googlegroups.com, ar...@flexatone.net
Ah, that's a pity.

Recently i made a new piece with Blue/Csound where i made use of AthenaCL. I made use of the commandline facilities to get the data produced by AthenaCL back in Blue.
Here is this piece, it is called Geviste: https://soundcloud.com/tjingboem
It is a poem and sound composition (in Dutch).

I also attached a screenshot which shows the way AthenaCL in Blue - i hope you like it. The tiny window displays the calling and the big window shows the selected object on the timeline.

Big thanks for the program!
shot-2014-01-11_19-33-23.jpg