Re: Rhythm ParameterObjects within Python

Jeffrey Trevino

Jan 15, 2013, 12:56:27 AM1/15/13
to athe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ethan,

I can't answer your question, but I wanted to be sure you also know about Abjad, which you might find plays nicer with AthenaCL in the end:
http://packages.python.org/Abjad/

cheers,
Jeff

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Ethan <ethan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,
In the Tutorial Manual the use of generator parameter objects in a python script is demonstrated, however I haven't been able to find a similar example for rhythm parameters. Specifically I'm interested in using rhythm pos to generate rhythms in music21, has anyone experimented with this? Are there some existing examples?
Thanks!
-Ethan

--
《〠》】〶【〖〠〗〶〛〷〚
Jeff Treviño

Jeffrey Trevino

Jan 19, 2013, 8:34:21 PM1/19/13
to athe...@googlegroups.com
E,
It depends a lot on how you're working; for example, I find that Abjad has a more flexible, MIDI-independent quantizer, but not everyone needs to quantize between milliseconds and notated durations.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Ethan <ethan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Jeff! I haven't yet looked at Abjad in detail but I look forward to playing around with it when I get the chance. In what ways do you find it plays nicer with AthenaCL?
-Ethan

--
Web: www.jeffreytrevino.com