Amplitude in CsoundExternal

Ralf

Nov 18, 2010, 6:19:14 AM11/18/10
to athenacl
Hello Christopher,

Is it possible to redirect the value of amplitude as computed by use
of the f.i. 'tie r loop' and 'tie a' commands to some auxiliary slot
xn comparable to the pathRead command which redirects pitch?
Greetings, Ralf

christopher ariza

Nov 21, 2010, 10:15:50 AM11/21/10
to athe...@googlegroups.com

hi ralf. there is not presently a parameter object comparable to
pathRead for amplitude values. the rationale for this is that you
should be able to duplicate whatever parameterObject you have
controlling amplitude to one of your auxiliary slot. will this meet
your needs, or am i missing something?

Ralf

Nov 22, 2010, 12:58:12 PM11/22/10
to athenacl
Thnx Christopher for your answer. For me, it's not primarily a
practical but more a conceptual question regarding the pulse design in
the csound external mode. Whereas in other modes (I think at least in
midi or csound native), the total amplitude value may be (or will be)
affected automatically by the accent value of a pulse, there may be no
chance in csound external mode of functioning in such a way. Of
course, athenaCL can't know which aux parameter someone had designed
for amplitude, but an additional amplitude redirection cmd analog to
the pathRead for freqs would help. Also the amplitude slot in the
texture instance (as displayed with tiv) would gain some functionality
in csound external. - Of course, there's always some workaround, and
athenaCL is growing to get a more and more big pleasure to me. Thanks
for doing it open source.