Handoff

tpared

Mar 30, 2015, 9:24:28 PM3/30/15
to atc...@googlegroups.com
A inbound flight is handed off to me at say 5,000 feet.  Within seconds another flight in the same entry place is handed off to me at 5,000 feet.  First, that would not happen in real life.  The result is that I get an immediate violation, and there is nothing I can do about it.  Any suggestions?

Alex Thomas

Mar 31, 2015, 9:06:16 AM3/31/15
to atc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm...not sure about that.

However, I have noticed that on Baltimore-Washington Intl, some planes pop up and immediately disappear. I get an improper exit immediately. Also, some planes don't appear on the edges of the screen but instead pop up near the center.

Jay, is there anything we should try to fix this issue?

Jay Link

Mar 31, 2015, 9:39:18 AM3/31/15
to atc...@googlegroups.com
Nothing on your end. It's all about me overhauling the older airports.

Jay Link

Mar 31, 2015, 9:42:33 AM3/31/15
to atc...@googlegroups.com
Is there a specific airport this is happening at? It should be fixed on the newer ones & revamped ones.

No two sequential planes take the same path + altitude in, in the current logic, but it's possible there are two routes that are close to one another.

--
Message has been deleted

Alex Thomas

Mar 31, 2015, 10:48:56 AM3/31/15
to atc...@googlegroups.com
Both Baltimore and Anchorage have planes appearing near the center of the screen, but only Baltimore has the planes entering and then immediately leaving radar and giving me an improper exit. Maybe when they enter the radar they start off on the wrong heading? (eg. if a plane is coming in on the east side of the screen but the starting heading is programmed to 045, then it will appear and go northeast before improperly exiting.

However, you just added the overlay for Baltimore less than a month ago, so I guess it shouldn't be happening.