bool variable

1 view

Patrik Tkáč

Dec 2, 2010, 8:16:35 AM12/2/10
to atala...@googlegroups.com
Hello

What about add bolean variables in language?
It will be easier to evaluate conditions etc. We will have more strict definition of language and the language could become  stronger typed language.

patarik

rudla

Dec 2, 2010, 2:29:24 PM12/2/10
to Atalan Programming Langugage
Boolean variables are planned.
Idea is as follows:

Any type, that will have associated constants named 'true' and/or
'false' can be tested as bool (in fact only one of them is sufficient
for testing).

Typical example would be key enumerator.

key:enum
A = 63
B = 21
C = 18
'*' = 7
HELP = 17
none = 255

We will add false either directly to enum or using

false:key = 255

From now, it is possible to test like this:

if not key then "X"

until key

etc.

Rudla

Patrik Tkáč

Dec 2, 2010, 2:59:27 PM12/2/10
to atala...@googlegroups.com
Interesting idea.

patarik

rudla

Dec 4, 2010, 2:22:54 PM12/4/10
to Atalan Programming Langugage
Bools are now implemented in conditions (it is not yet possible to use
and, or etc. in assignment).

Rudla