system paths including spaces

pirx

Feb 8, 2011, 5:21:32 PM2/8/11
to Atalan Programming Langugage
Hello!

Atalan does not compile when source is placed somewhere on the disk
where path contains spaces.

Example session:
"""
>C:\My Dropbox\folder_roboczy_atari\projects\game_and_watch>..\..\utils\atalan\bin\atalan.exe gaw01
Atalan programming language compiler (6-Feb-2011)
by Rudla Kudla (http:\atalan.kutululu.org)

Building gaw01.atl
Nazwa 'C:\My' nie jest rozpoznawana jako polecenie wewnętrzne lub
zewnętrzne,
program wykonywalny lub plik wsadowy.
"""
(Name 'C:\My' is not recognised as an internal or external command,
...)

This is not a tremendously fat issue as it can be solved this or that
way outside the compiler, but possibly adding some quotation marks
here and there would fix it.

Take care,

pawel /pirx/ kalinowski

Rudla Kudla

Feb 9, 2011, 4:41:20 AM2/9/11
to atala...@googlegroups.com
On 8.2.2011 23:21, pirx wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Atalan does not compile when source is placed somewhere on the disk
> where path contains spaces.
>
> Example session:
> """
>> C:\My Dropbox\folder_roboczy_atari\projects\game_and_watch>..\..\utils\atalan\bin\atalan.exe gaw01
> Atalan programming language compiler (6-Feb-2011)
> by Rudla Kudla (http:\atalan.kutululu.org)
>
> Building gaw01.atl
> Nazwa 'C:\My' nie jest rozpoznawana jako polecenie wewn�trzne lub
> zewn�trzne,

> program wykonywalny lub plik wsadowy.
> """
> (Name 'C:\My' is not recognised as an internal or external command,
> ...)
>
> This is not a tremendously fat issue as it can be solved this or that
> way outside the compiler, but possibly adding some quotation marks
> here and there would fix it.
>
> Take care,
>
> pawel /pirx/ kalinowski
Hi,

thank you for your report.
I have added the report to list of issues at
http://code.google.com/p/atalan/issues/list .

I will fix this as soon as possible.

Btw. If you are considering using Atalan, please feel free to use the
group extensively :-) I will try to answer any question or fix a bug as
fast as possible.

Rudla

pirx

Feb 10, 2011, 5:35:36 AM2/10/11
to Atalan Programming Langugage
Hello!

Great, I haven't noticed the bug board, would post directly there.
Please post a link to it on the contact page :).

I must say I like Atalan a lot, especially a feature that hasn't been
especially highlighted. Nevertheless I think it is a major
breakthrough - the automatic memory allocation for sprites, fonts, DL,
graphics screen and msx. Arguably some of those elements existed
before, but Atalan is the first to effectively cloak the head-aching
hardware peculiarities of 8-bit Ataris. I firmly believe that if this
is further expanded to an effortless extended memory allocation, the
new age begins.

For instance, the stalled development of our Scorched Earth clone
could be attributed not only to general procrastination, but also to
the grim realisation that it would be inevitable to trim down the
project or fiddle hard with memory expansions to have it in a shape we
originally intended.

Best regards,

pawel /pirx/ kalinowski