A U.S. report on human rights ? ! ?

Ethic

Mar 5, 2002, 6:03:09 PM3/5/02
A U.S. report on human rights ? ! ?
Is not it funny !
May 2001 : the United States has been excluded
from the United Nations Human Rights Commission
What about U.S. police abuses and brutality ?
What about JEWliany's police of NY ?

Uzbekistan Registers Rights Group
By Associated Press March 5, 2002
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan -- Authorities in Uzbekistan
have for the first time formally registered an independent
human rights group, raising hopes among activists for
a thaw in the government's authoritarian policies.

The decision Monday came as the U.S. State
Department issued its annual report on human rights
around the world -- including a passage decrying
police abuse ...
Full :
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-uzbekistan-human-rights0
305mar05.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnationworld%2Dheadlines

N.J. Supreme Court Limits Car Searches
By Associated Press - March 5, 2002

TRENTON, N.J. -- Police cannot ask to search a
vehicle they have stopped unless there is reasonable
suspicion that criminal activity has occurred, the state
Supreme Court ruled.

In a 5-0 decision issued Monday, the court said
motorists need protection because of "widespread
abuses" by police and the state's 1999 admission that
troopers had practiced racial profiling.
Full :
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-vehicle-searches0305mar0
5.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnationworld%2Dheadlines

Court overturns NY Police torture convictions
Feb. 28, 2002 - NEW YORK (AP) --
A federal appeals court overturned the convictions of
Charles Schwarz, Thomas Wiese and Thomas Bruder
in the Abner Louima torture case. The ruling does not
affect the conviction of the chief attacker, Justin Volpe.

Prosecutors said Louima was tortured in a police station
bathroom in 1997 following his arrest in a melee outside
a Brooklyn nightclub. They said a handcuffed Louima
was pinned down and Volpe sodomized him with a
broken broomstick.

Louima suffered severe internal injuries in the attack,
including a ruptured bladder and colon, and spent
two months in the hospital.

The appeals court said the conviction of Schwarz, who
allegedly held down Louima as he was being attacked,
for civil rights violations must be thrown out. The court
also held that convictions against Schwarz, Wiese and
Bruder at a second trial for conspiracy to obstruct
justice must be thrown out

Volpe pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 30 years.

The Louima case and other high-profile incidents --
including the 1999 death of an unarmed West
African immigrant, Amadou Diallo, in a hail of 41
bullet fired by four white officers -- ignited protests
accusing police of singling out minorities for abuse

Full :
http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2002/02/28/louima/index.html

September 7 2001
FBI : 13 Miami officers charged
Thirteen current and former Miami police officers were
named in an indictment unsealed Friday alleging they
helped cover up wrongdoing in police shootings.
By Catherine Wilson Associated Press

May 2001 - the United States has been excluded
from the United Nations Human Rights Commission

The ouster of the United States from the United
Nations Human Rights Commission has damaged
not only America's international prestige but the
cause of human rights around the world. .

To conservatives from Jesse Helms to Condoleezza
Rice it was an "outrage" and a "travesty" for the
United States to be excluded from the world's most
important forum on human rights

To human rights advocates, it was disheartening to
see the United States ejected for the first time since
the drafting of the U.N. Declaration on Human Rights
in 1947.

And according to the White House and the State
Department, the vote came as a "surprise" -- because
at least 14 of our usual allies unexpectedly turned
against us in the secret-ballot contest. (The same day,
the U.S. lost its seat on the International Narcotics
Control Board, the U.N. committee that monitors
international substance abuse and illegal drug
trafficking, in a similar clandestine vote.)

Political leaders and prominent commentators in
countries nominally or actually friendly to the United
States regarded the vote with ambivalence or, even
worse, as a deserved comeuppance.

What this incident demonstrates, among other things,
is how lamely the Bush administration is managing
foreign policy -- despite the supposed competence
of the president's courtiers.
Given the opportunity to cast a secret ballot, more than
a dozen friendly nations chose to punish the U.S. for
what Bush has done over the past 100 days to
undermine arms control.
Full :
http://www.salon.com

Stan de SD

Mar 9, 2002, 6:37:05 PM3/9/02
Swiss-Cheese Brain posts his usual nonsense...

"Ethic" <Et...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> A U.S. report on human rights ? ! ?
> Is not it funny !
> May 2001 : the United States has been excluded
> from the United Nations Human Rights Commission

With China and the Sudan seated - tell us about their superior human rights
records, and we will all have a good laugh.

> What about U.S. police abuses and brutality ?
> What about JEWliany's police of NY ?

Thanks for reminding us who the real racists are, loser.

Pagan

Mar 9, 2002, 11:52:16 PM3/9/02
"Stan de SD" <standesd_DI...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Swiss-Cheese Brain posts his usual nonsense...
>
> "Ethic" <Et...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > A U.S. report on human rights ? ! ?
> > Is not it funny !
> > May 2001 : the United States has been excluded
> > from the United Nations Human Rights Commission
>
> With China and the Sudan seated - tell us about their superior human
rights
> records, and we will all have a good laugh.

I'm sure we all know China's record. Here's a little something on Sudan:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26672

It really says something when Sudan makes a seat.

Pagan