Blacks are not charged with hate crimes.

James

Apr 2, 2002, 6:29:11 PM4/2/02
Teens Not Charged With Hate Crimes
U-Va. Students Allegedly Attacked

By Carol Morello
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, March 30, 2002; Page B04

Hate crime charges will not be brought against nine African American
teenagers from Charlottesville accused of assaulting white and Asian
students at the University of Virginia, officials said yesterday.

A white rights group said it would use the case to lobby for repeal of hate
crime laws in Virginia that raise some misdemeanors to felonies if a
victim's race or ethnicity was a motivating factor in a violent crime.

The case arises from five incidents between September and January. In all,
nine U-Va. students walking near the campus were assaulted by groups of
teenagers. In some incidents, the victims were kicked and punched.

After the arrests of nine teenagers, most of them students at
Charlottesville High School, police reported that some of the suspects said
they had targeted the victims because they were white, or at least the
assailants thought they were.

But Commonwealth's Attorney David Chapman said he could not prove beyond a
reasonable doubt that any specific suspect in the assaults was motivated by
race. He said he believed that envy, resentment and peer pressure were more
to blame.

Eight teenage suspects are scheduled to appear in juvenile court next month.
They face charges ranging from misdemeanor assault to malicious wounding.

Chapman made his decision public Thursday after the only adult charged in
the case pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery by
mob. As a result of a plea bargain, Gordon L. Fields, 18, was sentenced to
spend one month in jail, perform 50 hours community service and make
restitution. He also agreed to testify against the other teenagers.

In a statement he read aloud after his sentencing, Fields apologized for his
actions. He said he jumped into an assault on three U-Va. students Jan. 25
when he mistakenly assumed that a female friend of his was being attacked by
one of the college students.

J. Lloyd Snook III, Fields's attorney, said the incident occurred as two
carloads of teenagers were returning from a basketball game. He said the
teenagers, all of whom are black, had gotten into an argument that involved
name-calling earlier that day with a group of white young people at a
restaurant. He said Fields did not know that any of his friends might have
been planning to assault white students near the university.

Chapman noted that Fields had not been in legal trouble before and described
his client's participation as "secondary."

The Charlottesville incidents have gained national attention from several
white rights groups opposed to hate crime laws usually invoked when members
of minority groups are the victims.

"I can't imagine if white teens were involved in random attacks on black
students that it would have been the same result," said Ron Doggett, head of
the Virginia chapter of a group called the European-American Unity and
Rights Organization, which is led by former Ku Klux Klansman David Duke.
"The double standard is overwhelming."

© 2002 The Washington Post Company

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38428-2002Mar29.html

brojack

Apr 2, 2002, 8:38:42 PM4/2/02
On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:29:11 GMT, "James" <Ja...@newracistnation.net>
wrote:

>But Commonwealth's Attorney David Chapman said he could not prove beyond a
>reasonable doubt that any specific suspect in the assaults was motivated by
>race. He said he believed that envy, resentment and peer pressure were more
>to blame.

Translation: I'm afraid of Jesse Jackson.

Chapman, what a disgusting white liberal wimp!

Bro Jack

Tom Shelly, White God

Apr 3, 2002, 1:03:06 AM4/3/02
The number of hate crimes per capita in the USA is so low that it begs
the question, "Why is there the belief that
hate crimes are frequent when actually they are very rare?" The
Associate Press ran an article today on FBI
statistics for hate crimes, demonstrating that only 4,831 hate crimes
were reported having allegedly occured by
whites against blacks in the entire nation. Some of these complaints may
have been frivolous. The article does not
examine the status of the complain nor its outcome.

If we take the entire number of 4,831 hate crimes as the "real" number,
we can see that out of 180 million white
Americans coming up to a black person on the street, only 1 out of
37,250 persons would be guilty of attempting a
hate crime. Of course, the hate crime may have occured only once in the
365 day year or 37,250*365=13,596,000
persons. In other words, a black person would have to pass 13,596,000
white persons before being the victim of a
hate crime on any given day.

The question then, is why do we find so many NEWS stories about hate
crimes? Perhaps the answer is found in
politics and propaganda. There must be persons in the United States,
such as groups who receive money for civil
rights, human rights, and crime watches who can fund-raise better when
people believe that prejudice and hate
crimes are predominate.

When we remember the church burning fiasco in which it took six months
for the FBI to find a single KKK associate
to pin a fire upon and hundreds of black teenagers and ministers setting
fires to their churches, we begin to see the
desperation in this type of anti-white hatred and viciousness, because
that is what white-baiting-hatred-stories like
these are all about. Never forget also that President Clinton's 1996 DNC
Acceptance Speech contained a lie about
whites having placed swastikas on the doors of black soldiers at Fort
Bragg's 82nd Airbourne facilities. Mr. Clinton
knew full well that a black man had painted those swastikas on those
doors in order to implicate white men unfairly,
yet the NEWS media nationwide failed to mention this mistake. Had this
mistake been made by a Republican, it
would have been on page one.

The press wants the public to believe in the fiction of white racial
violence, when, as a matter of fact, there is slightly
more likelihood that a black hate crime against whites is performed per
capita than vice versa. In addition, the
number of hate crimes is miniscule. The likelihood of one happening to
anyone is less than the likelihood of winning
the lottery.

So, where's the hate? What's the fuss?

Blacks more violent
says new study

Violent crimes like murder, assault, robbery and rape cause far more
damage
to U.S. race relations than officially recognized "hate crimes," a study

based on federal crime statistics concludes. The study reports that
some
1.7 million violent interracial crimes involving blacks and whites are
committed annually. But in 1997 only 4,105 of those were deemed "hate
crimes" under the Hate Crimes Statistics Act of 1990, according to a
study
by the New Century Foundation, based in Oakton, Va.
Although Americans most often think of "hate crimes" as acts by whites
against racial minorities --such as last year's killing of James Byrd in

Texas by three white ex-convicts -- the majority of violent crime across

racial lines are committed by blacks against whites, the study finds.
Black-on-white crimes were almost nine times as frequent as
white-on-black
crimes, the study reports.

"Hate crimes are thought to be the most serious acts of interracial
crime
... but it is likely that the millions of ordinary interracial crimes --
90
percent of which are committed by blacks against whites -- are more
damaging
to race relations," the study concludes.

Jared Taylor heads the New Century Foundation. He is author of Paved
With
Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America,
1991 book that documented fundamental problems with U.S. policies on
civil
rights, crime and welfare. Academics who have studied crime rates said
that
although some of the New Century report's conclusions may seem
startling,
the statistics about crime and race are well known to researchers.

"It's an issue that most white scholars ignore, because you can only get
in
trouble," said Morgan Reynolds, director of the Criminal Justice Center
at
the Dallas-based National Center for Policy Analysis. "It's no news to
anybody who's pursued the differences of race and crime, but it's
politically incorrect."

Racial aspects of violent crime are "too sensitive" to be openly
discussed,
said UCLA professor James Q. Wilson, but they have a major impact on
American society. "This affects both races," said Mr. Wilson. "Whites
are
apprehensive. Blacks are irritated by being subjected to this
apprehension."

The New Century Foundation study cites the National Crime Victimization
Study (NCVS) for 1994 -- the most recent such study issued by the
Justice
Department. That latter study reported that blacks committed 1,140,670
violent crimes against whites, while whites committed 135,360 violent
crimes
against blacks. More than 80 percent of violent crime committed by
blacks
were perpetrated against black victims; only 16.7 percent of violent
crimes
against whites were committed by blacks, according to NCVS data cited in
the
study. But because only 12.1 percent of Americans are black, those
figures
mean that blacks committed interracial crimes at much higher rates than
whites, who constitute 72.7 percent of the U.S. population.

"Put in the most easily understood terms, the average black was . . . 56

times more likely to commit criminal violence against a white than was a

white to commit criminal violence against a black," the study said.

The New Century study also finds: Non-Hispanic, U.S.-born whites
committed
only one homicide that counted as a racial hate crime by the FBI in
1997.
The FBI reported only five racially motivated killings in 1997, three
that
were "anti-black" and two that were "anti-white." In two of the
anti-black
killings, the killers were Hispanic. In one of the anti-white killings,
the
killer was an immigrant from India.

"Any study of group crime rates in America is complicated by the
inconsistent treatment of Hispanics by different government agencies."
The
study notes that because the FBI's annual Universal Crime Reports "do
not
treat Hispanics as a separate category, almost all the Hispanics
arrested in
the United States go into official records as 'white.' "

The FBI's "Hate Crime Incident Report" lists "anti-Hispanic" as a
category
of hate crime but does not list Hispanics as a category for
perpetrators.
This "inflates the number of hate crimes committed by 'whites' by
calling
Hispanics white" and "gives the impression that Hispanics never commit
hate
crimes," according to the study, which notes that "most Hispanics think
of
themselves as . . . distinct from non-Hispanic whites, and are perceived
by
others as a different group."

"Blacks are arrested at dramatically higher rates than other racial
groups."
Compared with whites, blacks are nine times as likely to be arrested on
robbery or murder charges, and about four times as likely to be arrested
on
assault, rape or car-theft charges, according to the study.Civil rights
activists argue that police arrest blacks more often than whites because
of
racism.

Accusations of "racial profiling" by law enforcement made headlines in
February when the head of the New Jersey State Police was fired after he

said minority groups were more likely to be involved in drug
trafficking.
Federal crime statistics show that 63 percent of those arrested for drug

offenses are black or Hispanic. Asians are arrested at lower rates than
other racial groups, with rates about half those of whites.

"The single best independent indicator of a jurisdiction's crime rate is
the
percentage of its population that is black. . . . The tendency is clear:
The
higher the percentage of blacks, the greater the number of murders."

The racial disparity in crime rates makes integration difficult, Mr.
Wilson
of UCLA said. "The fact that whites and blacks have different rates of
crime -- especially violent crime -- affects the willingness of whites
live in black neighborhoods." As damaging to race relations as such
fears
and suspicions may be, Mr. Wilson said, "it doesn't get discussed by
politicians very much, but it's a fact of daily discourse."

Mr. Taylor's work, Paved With Good Intentions, was praised by economist
Walter E. Williams of George Mason University. "If racism is ever going
die a well-deserved death, we will have to thank many courageous
individuals, and Jared Taylor is one of them," he wrote.

But Mr. Taylor was criticized as an advocate of "the new white racism"
by
conservative author Dinesh D'Souza, whose 1995 book "The End of Racism"
reported many of the same racial problems Mr. Taylor had examined in his

earlier book.

The New Century report says hate crime laws "recognize the harm done to
society when people are attacked because of race or other
characteristics.
However, one might ask which does more damage to society: the few
thousand
violent acts officially labeled as hate crimes or the vastly more
numerous
interracial crimes of violence that go virtually unnoticed?"

"Hate
Crimes" Are
Rare,
Compared
To Hate Or
Crime

According to FBI data (Crime in the
United States, 1997,
and Hate Crime Statistics, 1997), "hate
crimes" account
for only a tiny fraction of total crimes:

Of every 20,000 murders, 9 are "hate
crimes"
(0.044 percent).

Of every 20,000 rapes, 2 are "hate
crimes" (0.009
percent).

Of every 20,000 robberies, 6 are
"hate crimes"
(0.029 percent).

Of every 20,000 aggravated assaults,
24 are "hate
crimes" (0.121 percent).

The vast majority of alleged "hate
crimes" are not
violent crimes, but rather "simple
assault" or
"intimidation." Simple assault means no
serious injury
occurred, and no weapon was used.
Intimidation is the
use of threatening words or conduct, such
as angry
shouting and fist-waving.

But as the statistics above show, most
violent crimes
are not "hate crimes," including crimes
that are
committed against members of a particular
group -- such
as rape, which is primarily a crime
against women.

The same applies to most attacks on
homosexuals,
since, according to the National
Coalition of
Anti-Violence Programs, the number of
"gay-on-gay"
domestic violence cases is 14 times
greater than the
number of violent "anti-gay" attacks.

Source: Timothy J. Dailey, "Talking
Points: "Hate Crime"
Laws Mean Unequal Protection," October 4,
1999,
Family Research Council, 801 G Street,
N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20001, (202) 393-2134.

The annual Department of Justice
Victimization Surveys report that
in nine
cases out of ten interracial
violent crime is
perpetrated by blacks on whites.

Figures for 1996 show that on a
per capita
basis, blacks are three times as
likely as
whites to commit crimes driven by
racial
prejudice.

we find that the "average" black is actually about 50 percent
likelier than his or her white counterpart to commit what is classified
as a racially motivated hate crime.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/columnists/perazzo/jp08-30-01p.htm