2022 International Show 'n' Tell

Async Brighton

Oct 24, 2022, 10:23:20ā€ÆAM10/24/22
to Async

IMPORTANT: Different date, and possibly different venue.**

The November migration of the world's top web developers to the sunny city of Brighton & Hove can only mean one thing -Ā ffconf 2022Ā is coming. So, it's time for another International Async Show 'n' tell! This year's installment will beĀ on Thursday 10th November.

If you're interested in giving a talk, we'd love to hear from you. It's the perfect opportunity to give a peek at your passion project, try out a lightning talk, or just share what's on your mind. Youā€™ll have five minutes on the night to tell us about somethingā€¦ a project, a library, a technique, a story, or anything else about JavaScript, related tech (HTML, CSS, SVG, etc), or the wider world of web.

If you would like to grab a speaking slot, please leave a comment on theĀ meetup eventĀ including:

  • Your name
  • Your main website, if you have one
  • Twitter username, if you have one
  • A sentence or two about your talk
  • Any relevant links

For a spot of inspiration, take a look at our International Show n' Tells inĀ 2021,Ā 2020,Ā 2019,Ā 2018,Ā 2017,Ā 2016,Ā 2015,Ā 2014,Ā 2013,Ā 2012,Ā 2011Ā andĀ 2010.

You will be able to join us in-person, or online (via Zoom).

If you're thinking of joining us in-person, please sign up to the event onĀ meetup.com. We also highly recommend you sign up to theĀ Async SlackĀ for more info, and updates.

**This event is being held on the second Thursday of the month to coincide with ffconf (instead of the first Thursday), and we may book a different venue with more space if it seems that we're getting more attendees than we could comfortably fit in the usual venue (Spaces, Trafalgar Place). Make sure you're set to attend on Meetup andĀ join our SlackĀ for updates.

Async Brighton

Oct 31, 2022, 11:43:28ā€ÆAM10/31/22
to Async

Hey all,

We will be holding the event at our usual venue -Ā Spaces.

Don't forget that this event will be on the second Thursday of the month, not the first.

Make sure you've left a comment on the Meetup to secure your speaking slot if you haven't already. We may have time for extra talks if anyone decides they want to show something off on the day, but we'll be prioritizing those that have left comments.

Venue details:

Spaces
Mocatta House, Trafalgar Pl, BN1 4DU, Brighton

Ground floor of Mocatta house. If the gates to Trafalgar Place are closed ring the buzzer and a member of their security should let you in.

Async Brighton

Nov 4, 2022, 8:26:16ā€ÆAM11/4/22
to Async
Less than a week until our big show 'n' tell event. šŸ„³

Grab your speaking slot if you want guarantee a chance to show off your latest project, library, technique, story, or anything else web related.

https://www.meetup.com/async-web-tech-meetup/events/289172125/

Async Brighton

Nov 9, 2022, 7:27:47ā€ÆAM11/9/22
to Async

Hi All!

We're looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday evening! šŸ„³

Some exciting news - we have managed to bag some #swag to give away at the end! We have a handful of free annual licenses from the lovely people at JetBrains - (your choice of WebStorm, IntelliJ, Rider, etc.) to be raffled off at the end - very exciting stuff!

A number of brave people have already put their names forward to do talks - thanks! There are still slots available, so please do add a comment on the Meetup page here if you have something youā€™d like to do. šŸ˜Š

https://www.meetup.com/async-web-tech-meetup/events/289172125/