Async: Why do we need Kubernetes? - Thursday 6th March 2020

Alastair Lockie

Feb 2, 2020, 11:23:54 AM2/2/20
to Async
Hello everyone,

This Thursday will see Brighton local Ollie Edwards give a talk about Kubernetes, Google's container orchestration system. If none of those words mean anything to you, never fear - Ollie will explain all!

Note that we still have a slot for a lightning talk; get in touch if you're interested!

===

In 1768 Voltaire proclaimed “if Kubernetes didn’t exist it would be necessary to invent it” which was impressive as Kubernetes was still some 240 years from being invented. This talks aims to unpick this uncanny prescience by imagining a world where Kubernetes does not exist and investigating how we would solve problems with standardisation and operation of modern applications without it.

No Kubernetes experiences is expected, but an awareness of servers and some JS experience would be helpful.

N.B. May contain minor historical inaccuracies.

This meetup will be sponsored by Brandwatch, so beers and pizzas for all! If you have any dietary requirements, please get in touch at hello AT asyncjs DOT com.

===

Venue:
The Skiff <http://www.theskiff.org/>
Ironworks
30 Cheapside
Brighton
East Sussex
BN1 4GD
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/z9azuibmCZU2

==

Async is a JavaScript meetup group in Brighton & Hove.

Blog: http://asyncjs.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/asyncjs