How to Level-up as a Developer - Thursday 7th July

Async Brighton

Jun 30, 2022, 12:52:26 PM6/30/22
to Async

Our next event will be the first held at what we hope to be our standard venue for the foreseeable future: Spaces - just round the corner from our previous long standing venue.

As with our previous event you will be able to join us in-person, or online (via Zoom).

On Thursday the 7th of July we will be joined by Simon Downes of The Student Room Group who will be giving us a talk on how to level-up as a developer. One of a small few who can take any hat within a development department, be it from a technical level, all the way up to strategic leadership, Simon will explain how to progress a career within development, how you reach the next level, what skills developers need, both technical and soft, and how you can obtain or develop those skills.

As always we welcome people of all backgrounds and experience levels, so whether you've got a few years under your belt, or you're just starting to look into development we'd love to have you along.

In-person attendees: please arrive at Spaces (ground floor) between 19:15 and 19:30 for snacks and socializing before the talk, and make sure you are registered to attend so we have an idea of numbers for catering. If the gates to Trafalgar Place are closed, please ring the buzzer and a member of their security should let you in.

Remote attendees: we will start broadcasting the event at 19:45 at this zoom link, there is no need to register.

Please sign up on meetup here if you are joining us in person.

Async Brighton

Jul 7, 2022, 2:01:46 PM7/7/22
to Async
Hey, all.

Thought I’d give you all some extra info on how to get into Spaces, as we were all a little confused upon arrival.

If you enter Trafalgar Place from the Trafalgar Street side there is a gate on the corner near The Albert/opposite Toasted. To the right of the gate, kind of hidden around the corner of the wall there is a green button marked “Security”, if you press that and mention you are coming to an event at Spaces they should buzz you in.

Once inside the complex head towards the opposite end (where Victory House is) and you should pass by Mocatta House, which is also marked as Spaces, on your left.

Pop inside there, and take a left and you should find us. 😊