Welcome

Ruby

Aug 4, 2007, 7:03:28 AM8/4/07
to ASU English - Sichuan University
Welcome Students!

This is an exciting step into a rich cultural exchange between ASU
English and Sichuan University, so let's get to know each other! Tell
us about yourself...who are you?, what are your interests?, what are
your dreams?, what do you do in your free time?...feel free to share
whatever you like!

Happy writing,
Ruby

Message has been deleted

wilphin

Aug 20, 2007, 10:42:03 AM8/20/07
to ASU English - Sichuan University

As a new member, first I want to introduce myself.
My name is Zheng Weiping, Chinese. I am a junior in SCU. My major is
philosophy. I like football(soccer), although I cannot play it well. I
am a football fan, of BARCA. It is really a great pleasure to meet so
many new friends here!

hele...@163.com

Aug 21, 2007, 8:02:19 PM8/21/07
to asu-english-sic...@googlegroups.com
Nice to meet you here !I will be in the old campus soon!Hope we can communicate well in this project!

?2007-08-20?wilphin <wil...@sohu.com> ???
>? ? Yeah.net ? ? ? ? ? ? ??? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? >>

Bruce

Aug 30, 2007, 7:57:46 PM8/30/07
to ASU English - Sichuan University
Hi everyone,
I am a staff member in the Department of English at ASU and a PhD
student in British Literature. My dissertation topic is an ecocritical
examination of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. When I am not working,
reading or at the gym I am probably playing World of Warcraft. I
primarily play my hunter named Feanaro (named after the character in
Tolkien's Silmarillion). If anyone plays WoW on Terokkar give me a
shout!

-Bruce

rusty2005

Aug 31, 2007, 7:57:14 AM8/31/07
to asu-english-sic...@googlegroups.com
~}

 what is world of warcraft? Is it a kind of internet game? By the way, I think the sign"V"is first showed by Winston Chirchill during the World War Two."V"stands for the first letter of "victory". I am a member of Scu and a postgraduate in American literature.

~{TZ~}2007-08-31~{#,~}Bruce <brucema...@gmail.com> ~{P45@#:~}

~{Dc~} ~{Mf~} ~{9}~} ~{4s~} ~{8;~} ~{NL~} ~{Bp#?3,~} ~{HK~} ~{Fx~} ~{CN~} ~{;C~} ~{Nw~} ~{SN~} ~{0f~} ~{4s~} ~{8;~} ~{NL#,5c~} ~{;w~} ~{Cb~} ~{7Q~} ~{JT~} ~{Mf~} >>

wilphin

Aug 31, 2007, 12:10:47 PM8/31/07
to ASU English - Sichuan University
The game you are talking about is also very famous here in China. A
lot of students do not want to go to school any more because of this
game. So middle school students are forbidened to go to internet bar.
I also think this is a right decision, because they are too young. You
guys in the States may know Yao Ming, a famous player in NBA. He is
also very fond of this game. Nearly everyone around me is playing this
game. Although I don not play this game, I think it must be very
exciting. My friends say they find themselves in the game. So, just
enjoy yourselves in the world of warcraft!

On Aug 31, 7:57 pm, rusty2005 <rusty2...@163.com> wrote:
> ~} what is world of warcraft? Is it a kind of internet game? By the way, I think the sign"V"is first showed by Winston Chirchill during the World War Two."V"stands for the first letter of "victory". I am a member of Scu and a postgraduate in American literature.

> ~{TZ~}2007-08-31~{#,~}Bruce <brucematsun...@gmail.com> ~{P45@#:~}

Bruce

Aug 31, 2007, 2:46:34 PM8/31/07
to ASU English - Sichuan University
I am not surprised that the game is popular in China also. I have
actually played with one person who said he/she was in China. If the
latest statistics are to be believed there are well over 8 million
subscribers. The game is very appealing to anyone who likes a mix of
role-playing and first-person action. Although the game is based in a
quest - battle format, you learn very quickly that you need to work
with other players as a team to get very far in the game. If I were in
rhetoric or sociology, I think there must be some interesting research
in game theory and group dynamics within the online WoW world.

I would tend to agree that without proper supervision, kids should
work on establishing their real-life identity before delving into an
online one.