Voices of Color Testimonials from China

Neal Lester

Aug 19, 2007, 6:40:20 PM8/19/07
to asu-english-sic...@googlegroups.com, Cheryl

Dear Sichuan Students,

As my last “lecture” at Sichuan University before leaving Chengdu, I presented a short video called “Voices of Color,” wherein several students of color talk about their public school education and their identity. Some of you had good things to say about the video in terms of understanding more about American culture. The creator of that video is expanding the project and wants to include in this expansion some comments from Chinese students. Please send comments directly to Dr. Cheryl Greene: cgre...@cox.net.

Your comments can involve as much detail as you see fit on these:

How important is the video for those trying to understand more about American culture?

How important is the video to hear these young voices talk openly and candidly about their lives going to school in America?

What resonated most with you about the program?

Dr. Greene will be delighted to get your responses. I will also be offering a comment for her marketing of the piece to broader audiences.

Cheers and thanks!

Professor Lester

Neal A. Lester, Professor and Chair

Department of English