Looking for volunteers to help with astro-related sprinting at SciPy

Matt Craig

Jul 14, 2021, 11:08:56 AM7/14/21
to astropy-dev
Hi everyone,

SciPy 2021 is meeting virtually this week. There will be 12 hours of sprints this year, in three blocks to accommodate people coding in different parts of the world. As usual, the sprints are free to everyone.

The sprints this year are more explicitly targeted at novices to open source contributions.

I'm hoping for two things: i) A volunteer to help participants for each one of the blocks below (i.e. one or more per block not one to do all three), and ii) some issues in the astropy ecosystem labeled scipy2021astro.
  • 👉 If you can help at the sprint please let me know which block(s) you would like to help with. I'll get you the information you need to get connected.
  • 👉 Please find a relatively straightforward issue or two in a package you maintain and tag them scipy2021astro. This one is really important ⚠️-- it is hard for sprint mentors/helpers to sift through issues and support new maintainers at the same time 😃.
Thanks,
Matt Craig

Blocks
  1. Asia-Pacific: Friday, Jul 16, 6pm-10pm CDT (Austin) / Saturday, Jul 17, 9am-1pm AEST (Melbourne, Australia)
  2. Europe: Saturday, Jul 17, 5am-9am CDT (Austin) / Saturday, Jul 17, 12noon-4pm CEST (Paris)
  3. US/Americas: Saturday, Jul 17, 11am-3pm CDT (Austin) / Saturday, Jul 17, 1pm-5pm BRT (São Paulo)