Astropy Community Updates

Beryl Kanali

Feb 2, 2024, 2:41:21 PMFeb 2
to astropy-dev
We are excited to share what's been brewing in the Astropy community these past months.

Over the past few months, Astropy’s Community Manager (Beryl Kanali) and the team at Organizational Mycology have been working on a few projects with the aim of improving community participation and understanding the Astropy community and how to improve it.

Community Survey
Thanks to everyone who participated in our survey! We are analysing the data to understand your needs, experiences, and suggestions for improvement. Stay tuned for the report!

Diversity , Equity and Inclusion
We conducted DEI feedback interviews to gain deeper insights into your perspectives. We're using this valuable feedback to strengthen our inclusivity and accessibility efforts.

Code of Conduct
We have been working on improving systems around our Code of Conduct to better reflect our values and create a safe, welcoming environment for everyone.

Engagement tracking
We have also been working to understand how our members interact and engage in the community. This will help us improve communication and interaction across various channels.

In the next few weeks, we will be releasing the reports to the community. We are looking forward to your feedback and input on the various reports. Together, we can keep building and improving the Astropy community!