Feedback on Astropy Funding 2021 Process

Moritz Günther

Sep 17, 2021, 2:11:50 PM9/17/21
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

in 2021, the Astropy Project, led by the Interim Finance Committee, ran
an open process for soliciting and selecting funding ideas from the
Astropy Community [1]. We would like to gather feedback from those that
were involved in the process to inform how we fund project ideas in the
future. We've tried to write questions which capture the major aspects
of the funding process but if you have any feedback which does not fit
into these questions, please use the final open ended question to share
anything which you think is relevant.

This survey is anonymous and consists of eight questions. We estimate it
will take 5-15 mins to complete, depending on the level of detail of
feedback you'd like to provide:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDqQFzYWxf4z2bepuCHPCpyFL3EIHbGNCtjAusk77VxxaWbg/viewform?usp=sf_link

We will review any responses Friday next week. As usual, you can contact
the finance committee at fin...@astropy.org or on slack if you have any
other suggestions.

Moritz
(for the finance committee)

[1]
https://github.com/astropy/astropy-project/blob/main/finance/proposal-calls/Moore_2021.md

Moritz Günther

Sep 24, 2021, 10:59:16 AM9/24/21
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

so far, we've received 3 responses. That's not a lot for handing out
almost 300 k$ from the Moore grant. If you received money, please let us
know how the process worked.

If you did not receive money (either because your suggestion was not
funded or because you did not ask for funding), please still let us know!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDqQFzYWxf4z2bepuCHPCpyFL3EIHbGNCtjAusk77VxxaWbg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Deadline for answer: tomorrow.

Moritz