Astropy coordination meeting: Registration open

Moritz Guenther

Feb 15, 2023, 11:39:21 AM2/15/23
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as previously announced, the Astropy Coordination meeting 2023 will take
place May 2-4 in hybrid mode. The meeting is open to all contributors to
the Astropy Project, e.g. code contributors, infrastructure maintainers,
tutorial writers, community organizers, etc.

The SOC of the meeting will concentrate discussion times in the morning
local US east Coast time, since previous surveys indicated that almost
all remote attendees will be in Europe. We'll leave the afternoon (local
time) for coding sprints etc.

For more information see:
https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/MITMeeting2023

The in-person meeting will be held at MIT, in Cambridge, MA. Financial
assistance for travel is available through the Moore grant if needed -
please indicate on the registration form and we'll contact you for
details to arrange travel.

Booking codes to local area hotels will be distributed to registered
attendees by email, since we are not allowed to share those on an open
website.

Registration form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdgjdg3TvwidCnGAfh7qbdP-SQ2Mfs8t11Pqzfj7SKZuGN87Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you have any more information on content to discuss at the meeting,
please add to this issue:
https://github.com/astropy/astropy-project/issues/255

SOC meeting notes and a draft plan to topics can be found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1qmlN-ZtcJr9cqmjZyDzXtfZTW_YnNM1v9jlLV-zAk/edit?usp=sharing

The astropy slack also has two channels for discussion:
#meeting2023-general and #meeting2023-logistics

Please reach out there or by email with any questions, suggestions, or
requests (e.g. invitation letters for visa purposes).

Moritz

Benjamin Weaver

Mar 1, 2023, 4:29:17 PM3/1/23
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hello y'all,

I can't remember if I formally registered on the Google Form(ally). Could someone please check for me?

Thanx,
Benjamin Alan Weaver

With great responsibility seldom comes great power.

Pey Lian Lim

Mar 2, 2023, 4:57:51 PM3/2/23
to astropy-dev
Hi, Benjamin. I don't see your name there. Only 9 people "registered" so far, with one of them doing it twice.

Benjamin Weaver

Mar 2, 2023, 5:02:31 PM3/2/23
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,