Scheduling Astropy Dev Telecons: poll to re-schedule

Moritz Guenther

Dec 6, 2022, 1:02:56 PM12/6/22
to astro...@googlegroups.com

Scheduling telecons

It has been about a year since we last polled for the best time for dev telecons. Telecons happens monthly in the first full week of the month. Since peoples schedules change, we decided in the telecon today [1] to poll again and possibly reschedule:

Please fill out the poll for a typical first week of the month, not for the specific days shown:

https://www.when2meet.com/?17939612-TO9GF

Given that the majority of attendees in the past has been from Europe / North America, the poll is set for times that work on those areas of the world and we will schedule following daylight savings time in those regions. The goal is not to exclude developers from other regions - if none of these times work for you, send me an email and we'll look into rotating times.

Inviting to telecons

In addition to emails to astropy-dev, some people expressed interest to be personally invited through the Google calendar "invite" feature so that the event shows up on their personal / work calendars. If you want that, add your email to the list on the top of [1] and meeting organizers will copy it into the astropy calendar to send you a calendar invitation in addition to the normal invites on astropy-dev / slack.

Since organizers (Moritz, Clara, Nathaniel) have consistently failed to send out timely invites to astropy-dev in the past, I will set up a more automated solution in 2023.

Moritz

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/15JSFh3OMF9Iz6ov3q_xxGO_BL8hRnuse4IMUrqEIvcg/edit?usp=sharing

hamogu

Dec 13, 2022, 6:42:36 AM12/13/22
to astropy-dev
Hi,
we're working to reschedule the monthly dev telecons: https://www.when2meet.com/?17939612-TO9GF
See below for details, please fill out the poll by the end of this week (Sunday).

Thanks,
Moritz

Moritz Guenther

Dec 22, 2022, 11:47:03 AM12/22/22
to astro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

so far we have only 6 votes on scheduling dev telecons. I know that the typical attendance is more than that and could probably be even better if we select a time that works for you.

Please fill out the poll for a typical first week of the month, not for the specific days shown:

https://www.when2meet.com/?17939612-TO9GF

I ask you to reply ASAP, but not later than 30th of December because we need to pick a time for 2023 before this year ends so that I can send out invites for the January telecon.

Moritz