Upcoming v6.1 feature freeze this coming Friday 29th March!

Thomas Robitaille

Mar 25, 2024, 4:33:38 PMMar 25
to astropy-dev mailing list
Hi everyone,

The feature freeze for astropy v6.1 was originally scheduled for 19th April – however, as has been discussed in several issues on GitHub, such as:

we are going to bring this forward and have the feature freeze be this coming Friday, 29th March, so that we can release v6.1 with full compatibility with Numpy v2.0, which will likely be released over the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any objections or concerns, please feel free to voice them!

Thanks,
Tom