Second call for Astropy Coordination meeting

Moritz Guenther

Mar 3, 2023, 12:45:01 PM3/3/23
to astro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Meeting information and link to registration form is at: https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/MITMeeting2023

If you intend to attend (in person or remotely) and are not yet listed on this list: https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/MITMeeting2023#registered please go to the meeting page and fill out the registration form.

as previously announced, the Astropy Coordination meeting 2023 will take place May 2-4 in hybrid mode. The meeting is open to all contributors to the Astropy Project, e.g. code contributors, infrastructure maintainers, tutorial writers, community organizers, etc.

The SOC of the meeting will concentrate discussion times in the morning local US east Coast time, since previous surveys indicated that almost all remote attendees will be in Europe. We'll leave the afternoon (local time) for coding sprints etc.

The in-person meeting will be held at MIT, in Cambridge, MA. Financial assistance for travel is available through the Moore grant if needed - please indicate on the registration form and we'll contact you for details to arrange travel.

Booking codes to local area hotels will be distributed to registered attendees by email, since we are not allowed to share those on an open website.

If you have any more information on content to discuss at the meeting, please add to this issue: https://github.com/astropy/astropy-project/issues/255

SOC meeting notes and a draft plan to topics can be found at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1qmlN-ZtcJr9cqmjZyDzXtfZTW_YnNM1v9jlLV-zAk/edit?usp=sharing

The astropy slack also has two channels for discussion: #meeting2023-general and #meeting2023-logistics

Please reach out there or by email with any questions, suggestions, or requests (e.g. invitation letters for visa purposes).

Moritz