New "general maintainers" for astropy core package

Moritz Guenther

Apr 28, 2022, 9:19:24 AM4/28/22
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

a few weeks ago, we added a new role "general maintainer" for the
astropy core package that's supposed to cover activities of maintainers
that does not clearly belong to a specific sub-package. As usual in
Astropy, people can have more than one role (i.e. it is allowed but not
required that general maintainers are also maintainers for a specific
sub-package). We are now proposing the first people for that role:

https://github.com/astropy/astropy.github.com/pull/488

Following our normal process, that PR will stay open for two weeks so
that you all can comment on it, if you like to.

If you'd like to be considered for that role as well or have another
suggestion, please email coordi...@astropy.org

Thanks for Derek and Pay Lian for agreeing to serve in that role!

Yours,

Moritz

(for the Astropy coordination committee)