New contributor

Luiz Felipe Bromfman

Nov 4, 2022, 10:40:50 AM11/4/22
to astropy-dev
Hello all!

I am a new contributor, I am reasonably good at Python but have no knowledge of astronomy or astrophysics, even though I am pretty interested in the subject. I have never contributed to a project, so I hope to have Astropy as my first! I have already read the contribution docs and already have everything set up.

I read through the package-novice issues but realized most of them are very old, even though they're still open... Is it ok for me to pick old issues? Any suggestions on which issue to choose to start? I have no problem with taking a few days and putting a lot of effort into these issues.

If there aren't any new novice issues for me I would still appreciate it if you could give me topics to do some research on to contribute in the future!

Thank you all and I am excited to contribute to the Astropy project!
Luiz Felipe