APE (Astropy Proposals for Enhancement): Money and funding

Moritz Guenther

Jan 21, 2022, 4:09:22 PM1/21/22
to astro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

it is my honor as outgoing member of the finance committee to point your attention to https://github.com/astropy/astropy-APEs/pull/72

This APE aims to provide guidance about spending Astropy Project funds by formulating a set of principles about what to pay for and who to pay. It will also touch on how expenditure decisions are made, how funds get administered, and a principle of strong transparency around these topics. It is heavily inspired by Numpy’s NEP 48 (https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0048-spending-project-funds.html).

We've tried to follow the principles listed in the APE in the past, but we think it's now time (a) write them down and (b) formalize them through the community APE process.