Nominating Moritz Günther as Affiliated Package Editor

Homeier, Derek

Feb 15, 2024, 6:40:49 PMFeb 15
to astro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

William Jamieson would like to retire from his role as Affiliated package review editor,
and Moritz has offered and accepted a nomination to succeed William again in this
position, and work on the transition to our new review system (see below).

I am staying on for now as second affiliated package editor, thus
the Coco nominates Moritz and myself to fill this role in the future:

https://github.com/astropy/astropy.github.com/pull/575

This PR will stay open for two weeks, so you can leave any comments
there or contact the Coco with further suggestions.

At the same time the responsibilities of these roles are also changing, as our Affiliated Package
management under https://github.com/astropy/astropy-APEs/blob/main/APE22.rst
is moved to a new review system in partnership with pyOpenSci. This is defined in
https://github.com/astropy/astropy.github.com/pull/574.
There is no formal comment period for this PR, but comments are welcome as well.

Thanks to Moritz for offering his continued and extended support, and to William
for serving Astropy by curating the affiliated package ecosystem!

Cheers,
Derek

Pey Lian Lim

Feb 29, 2024, 1:54:52 PMFeb 29
to astropy-dev
We had 3 formal approvals, no objection, and it has been 2 weeks. I merged the PR. Welcome back, Moritz!