Annoucement of results from the first CoCo election

Stuart Mumford

Sep 7, 2021, 11:58:54 AM9/7/21
to astro...@googlegroups.com, ast...@scipy.org
Hello everyone,

The results of the CoCo election have been published on our Discourse forum: https://community.openastronomy.org/t/results-of-the-2021-coco-election/144
The five candidates elected are:

  • Kelle Cruz
  • Moritz Günther
  • Erik Tollerud
  • Adrian Price-Whelan
  • Matt Craig

Thanks,
Stuart Mumford
on behalf of the Governance Implementation Working Group

Thomas Robitaille

Sep 21, 2021, 11:25:51 AM9/21/21
to astropy-dev mailing list, ast...@scipy.org
Hi everyone,

Following the completion of the election for the Astropy Coordination Committee, and as an outgoing committee member, I wanted to make sure we say a big thank you to the Governance Implementation Working Group for their hard work on this important transition for the project. The elections for the voting members and the CoCo happened in a timely and smooth manner following the acceptance of APE 0, and was, I have no doubt, the result of a lot of work and discussions behind the scenes.

I also wanted to especially thank everyone who stood as a candidate for the CoCo elections - volunteering to be on the CoCo is no small commitment, and it was great to have so many people willing to take on the job. This level of engagement has made me very optimistic about the future of the project.

Finally, thanks of course to everyone who voted in the elections!

Cheers,
Tom