EWASS 2017: Special Session SS16 - Developments and Practices in Astronomy Research Software

Matteo Bachetti

Jan 30, 2017, 7:57:30 AM1/30/17
to astroML-general
Dear all,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract for a contributed oral and/or poster presentation for Special Session SS16, Developments and Practices in Astronomy Research Software, to be held at the European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS) 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic.

Our two-day-long session will be held on the 28th and 29th of June. The first day of SS16 will be comprised of invited and proposed talks selected from submitted abstracts. The second day will be an interactive, open-for-all Hack Together Day to work on various software projects. For more details on aims, scope and registration of our session, please see: http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/session.jsp?id=SS16

Please fill in the following form if you would like to participate in Hack Together Day on 29 June: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S85BJRD

In this EWASS session we strive to promote diversity in scientific topic, level of expertise, and demographics such as seniority, gender, race/ethnicity, and country of origin.

Important Dates:
10 Feb. 2017 - Deadline for very early registration
08 Mar. 2017 - Abstract submission deadline
28 Apr. 2017 - End of early bird registration

Please forward this email to anyone who you think might be interested.

Best regards,
The SOC of EWASS 2017 SS16:
Alice Allen, Astrophysics Source Code Library
Matteo Bachetti, Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari
Amruta Jaodand, ASTRON/University of Amsterdam
Abigail Stevens, University of Amsterdam
Rein H. Warmels, European Southern Observatory